Windows 10: how to install windows 10 home when it's already on windows 10 pro?

Discus and support how to install windows 10 home when it's already on windows 10 pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my pc says it detects a win 10 home licence but the current edition is win 10 pro. i'm advised to install win 10 home. but after I purchased the home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hui Kai Wong, Nov 6, 2018.

1. how to install windows 10 home when it's already on windows 10 pro?

my pc says it detects a win 10 home licence but the current edition is win 10 pro. i'm advised to install win 10 home. but after I purchased the home licence, it says that it cannot be installed..

I;ve tried downloading the rescue and recovery software from Lenovo but it was blocked by Microsoft .

what do I do now?

:)

Hui Kai Wong, Nov 6, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Nov 6, 2018
  4. how to install windows 10 home when it's already on windows 10 pro?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

how to install windows 10 home when it's already on windows 10 pro?

1. how to install windows 10 home when it's already on windows 10 pro? - Similar Threads - install home already

2. How to install Windows 10 Home when I'm using Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install Windows 10 Home when I'm using Windows 10 Pro?: I just bought a new pc and it got install with the Win10 Pro version The one that is not active key yet. However, I've bought the Windows 10 Home package from the official store yesterday, and when I install it seems to not change from Pro to Home. What should I do in this...
  3. Windows 10 home installation over windows 10 pro

Windows 10 home installation over windows 10 pro: So i sent my laptop for repair to my company and they replaced the ssd and installed windows 10 pro without a product key, before the replacement windows 10 home was installed with a digital license and now the windows 10 pro is activated. so is there any way i can download...
  4. Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.

Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.: I have windows 10 home installed on my PC. It has failed to update numerous times in the past year, which only recently came to my attention. I purchased Windows 10 Pro and downloaded it, but when I go to install it, using the .exe, I get error code 0xc000409, or code...
  5. UNINSTALL WINDOWS 10 PRO AND INSTALL WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNINSTALL WINDOWS 10 PRO AND INSTALL WINDOWS 10 HOME: II GET A MESSAGE SAYING GO TO SETTINGS ACTIVATE WINDOWS. I GO THERE AND THERES DATES CHECKED I CANT TAKE OF THEN IT TAKES ME TO TROUBLE SHOOT AND SAYS YOU HAVE WINDOWS PRO AND WITH A DIGITAL NUMBER I NEED WINDOWS 10 HOME THE PROBLEM IS WHEREVER IT TAKES ME I FIND NO...
  6. Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.: Just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I have a Windows 10 Pro license that I bought back in 2017 appears in order history in my MS account but I can't find a product key anywhere. What do I do?...
  7. Can not reinstall Window 10 Pro when Laptop already have installed Window 10 Home

Can not reinstall Window 10 Pro when Laptop already have installed Window 10 Home: Dear. i bought a Laptop Dell already have installed Windows 10 Home Lisence. And I bought one more DVD-Rom Window 10 Pro genuine (include product key). i had format hardrive and reinstall window 10 Pro on it. But when install finish, i checked activate, it alert This is...
  8. [Solved] Transfer Windows 10 Pro to already activated laptop on Windows 10 Home

[Solved] Transfer Windows 10 Pro to already activated laptop on Windows 10 Home: I have 2 devices: one is with Windows 10 Pro digital license and another one is with Windows 10 Home digital license. I know that I can deactivate Windows using slmgr /upk. Afterwards, if I click on troubleshoot link in settings it restores my old product key. What I want is...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to already activated laptop on Windows 10 Home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to already activated laptop on Windows 10 Home: I have 2 devices: one is with Windows 10 Pro digital license and another one is with Windows 10 Home digital license. I know that I can deactivate Windows using slmgr /upk. Afterwards, if I click on troubleshoot link in settings it restores my old product key. What I want is...
  10. Already purchased Windows 10 Pro. Did a clean reinstall and it installed home. Tried to...

Already purchased Windows 10 Pro. Did a clean reinstall and it installed home. Tried to...: Hey y'all. Hopefully someone can answer my question and I don't have to try to get through support again. I tried a few times and never got through to a live chat or even a phone number. As stated above, I already purchased Windows 10 Pro. I recently did a clean reinstall and...