Windows 10: How to install Windows 10 in computer with Legacy Bios from USB

Discus and support How to install Windows 10 in computer with Legacy Bios from USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I plan to replace the HDD of an old Sony Vaio AIO computer with a 250GB SSD . At the same time I also want to do a clean installation of Windows 10 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportflyer, Aug 8, 2018.

1. How to install Windows 10 in computer with Legacy Bios from USB

I plan to replace the HDD of an old Sony Vaio AIO computer with a 250GB SSD . At the same time I also want to do a clean installation of Windows 10 in the new SSD . However the Sony Computer's motherboard uses a Legacy Bios. Will the Sony computer boot from a Windows 10 installation USB prepared using windows media creation tool . I prepared the USB using another computer that has a UEFI bios. How to make this USB bootable from Legacy bios ? Tks

:)

sportflyer, Aug 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 8, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    USB HDD: IN BIOS

Hi AJAY, in modern BIOS (UEFI) it is normal to have USB devices listed, such as USB HDD without drive being plugged in.

In older Legacy BIOS, a drive would have to be plugged in for it to be listed in BIOS, but not no londer . . .

DaveM121, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

How to install Windows 10 in computer with Legacy Bios from USB

Delta6326, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

How to install Windows 10 in computer with Legacy Bios from USB

1. How to install Windows 10 in computer with Legacy Bios from USB - Similar Threads - install computer Legacy

2. Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI: Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without using 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/d58e3a80-2d7b-46d5-af56-1fc7958ac53c
  3. Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI: Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without using 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/d58e3a80-2d7b-46d5-af56-1fc7958ac53c
  4. Can't install Windows 10 with USB Boot on SSD Legacy BIOS.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Windows 10 with USB Boot on SSD Legacy BIOS.: Hello, I am having trouble installing Windows 10 from scratch to my new SSD.I want to discard my old computer later on this year but i've decided to buy a very cheap SSD until that time to boost performance a little.Here are my specs: Processor: Intel Core I5 CPU 760 2.80GHz...
  5. Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS: Hello,First time posting here. I want to change from LEGACY to UEFI, I'm thinking:Will the computer be able to boot?I use it regularly, and I hope it works after this changover!I am not a computer geek. But I do know how to get into BIOS.Thanks...
  6. legacy bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    legacy bios: how to enable vt in legacy bios. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-bios/23898b08-4c8c-460c-a565-94ef79831238
  7. Legacy BIOS

Legacy BIOS: Hello, I do not have UEFI only the legacy BIOS. See attach. Then how to access my BIOS? Thank you 152614
  8. how to change from uefi to LEGACY BIOS on imac 2011 with windows 10?

how to change from uefi to LEGACY BIOS on imac 2011 with windows 10?: I have windows 10 on my mid 2011 imac 21.5" computer. Every driver is working perfectly except for the sound drivers. I am told that the reason for this is because i downloaded windows through a efiboot, instead of a bios boot. I was wondering how i can change my boot from...
  9. Changing from Legacy Bios to UEFI, settings in bios and Windows 10

Changing from Legacy Bios to UEFI, settings in bios and Windows 10: I used the Windows converting program MBR2GPT.exe to convert my SSD to GPT and it reported it had done it. I then rebooted and entered the bios and changed one setting from Legacy ROM to EFI Compatible ROM and another setting called 'UEFI Boot' from Disabled to Enabled and...
  10. Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode

Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode: hi currently windows 10 is installed with UEFI mode in my ASUS notebook. the harddisk is in GPT partitioning style. so when i turn on my notebook, i am getting ASUS logo while booting up instead of the blue coloured windows logo. [img] (this pic is not from my...