Windows 10: How to install Windows 10 on laptop running Ubuntu?

Discus and support How to install Windows 10 on laptop running Ubuntu? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell G3 3579 Laptop that came with Ubuntu as the OS, so I bought Windows 10 home ISO and downloaded it, file name is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ahmedelaraby2, Oct 21, 2019.

1. How to install Windows 10 on laptop running Ubuntu?

I have a Dell G3 3579 Laptop that came with Ubuntu as the OS, so I bought Windows 10 home ISO and downloaded it, file name is "win10_1903_V2_English_x64.iso", and I copy pasted it on my blank 8gb usb flash drive. I have Gparted partition editor but I don't know how to use it.

please help me, I don't know what to do from here. It doesn't open and I don't know what to do...

I have the product key and the blank usb flash drive but I don't know what t do.

Thanks in advance.

***Modified title from: Bought windows 10 home on my ubuntu laptop, downloaded it but can't set it up or install it, Please help me I'm in a fix.***

:)

ahmedelaraby2, Oct 21, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 21, 2019
  3. rboppy Win User
    Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Oct 21, 2019
  4. How to install Windows 10 on laptop running Ubuntu?

Installing Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu?

Ubuntu comes as an ISO file, that has it's own "Installer" that automatically can adjust partitions for running two Operating Systems along each other. My suggestion is to go ahead and make a bootable drive (USB, CD, etc), or buy one. Try to install Windows
    10, and if you fail, you can use the bootable drive to re-install ubuntu along with Windows 10.

IMAnonymous365, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

How to install Windows 10 on laptop running Ubuntu?

1. How to install Windows 10 on laptop running Ubuntu? - Similar Threads - install laptop running

2. Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu: I want to install Windows 10 on my pc that I'm currently running ubuntu on. In the past when I attempted to install windows and ubuntu, it erased all of my linux partitions in the process. How do I prevent Windows from accessing, erasing, or modifying these partitions during...
  3. installing Windows on Ubuntu

installing Windows on Ubuntu: I have Ubuntu 18.04 but I would like to install Windows 10 either along side it or instead. I have the ios on a usb that I have mounted using MultiWriter. When I restart the laptop and click boot options, the usb is not presented as one of the options. I would appreciate as...
  4. How should I install Ubuntu on WSL for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How should I install Ubuntu on WSL for Windows 10?: I know in the past when WSL was in beta you had to run some commands and enable developer mode and run more commands to install Ubuntu for WSL. Is the preferred method now to install it from the Microsoft Store? Do I need to run any other commands? submitted by /u/nootdude...
  5. How to install windows on ubuntu without bios setup

How to install windows on ubuntu without bios setup: I am running ubuntu on my computer right now and I want change it to windows so tell me how to install windows on my computer WHITOUT USB or cd/dvd instead like media creation tool on windows...
  6. Installing Ubuntu alongside windows

Installing Ubuntu alongside windows: I have an HP laptop in which genuine win 10 home installed on ssd . I want to install ubuntu on my hdd. Will doing so void my windows license or device warranty? Is it recommended ro install other OS alongside genuine windows?...
  7. Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL

Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL: I have Windows 10 Education build 18272.rs_prerelease.181026-1425. I have turned on Windows Subsystem for Linux, but I cannot run Ubuntu. I have tried installing the apps "Ubuntu" and later "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS" from the Windows store and running them. Upon installing either app...
  8. Ubuntu install question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ubuntu install question: Hello i have windows 10 Home in my SSD Drive 120 GB and 1 TB HDD D drive . i want to ask if i can install ubuntu alongside windows 10 but somehow on D drive !! can you please help me to find out if i can it ?! thank you...
  9. Installing windows from ubuntu

Installing windows from ubuntu: So i recently downloaded ubuntu on my computer, and now i want to go back to windows However I don't want to buy it since i previously bought it, is there i way to get it for free since i previously got it?...
  10. Re-installing Windows 10 over Ubuntu

Re-installing Windows 10 over Ubuntu: A friend of mine installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop because he thought it would make it faster but I have almost know knowledge of the operating system so its been pretty horrible. I made a boot USB drive using the windows media creation tool and set my toshiba's boot system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win10_1903_V2_English_x64.iso