Windows 10: How to install Windows 10 on second SSD or Hard drive

Discus and support How to install Windows 10 on second SSD or Hard drive in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you wish to install Windows 10 on a second SSD or Hard Drive, it is possible to do so. There are multiple reasons to do so. You may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 18, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to install Windows 10 on second SSD or Hard drive

WinClub, Aug 18, 2019
  2. little cat, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Aug 18, 2019
  4. How to install Windows 10 on second SSD or Hard drive

Installing windows 10 on a second drive

I have a desktop computer that is running windows 10 home edition with a 1tb hard drive. I'm installing a solid state drive as a second hard drive. I want to install windows 10 home edition on this drive and make it the boot drive. I'm confused if I should
    download the windows 10 home edition iso file or should I use the media creation tool? Any help would be appreciated! Also, any suggestions or warnings about what problems I might encounter. The SSD is 500gb so there should be no problem fitting windows on
    it. I'm keeping the original hard drive to use as a data drive.

Thanks

saturn7110x, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

How to install Windows 10 on second SSD or Hard drive

1. How to install Windows 10 on second SSD or Hard drive - Similar Threads - install second SSD

2. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  3. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  4. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?: I actually have the answer to this. It doesn't have to be that hard. All of the stuff that the advisor told people to do is ridiculous. There are two methods.1 Go to Settings/System/Storage/Change where new content is saved. Here you can choose what types of files saved to...
  6. How to install windows 10 software on my second internal hard drive?

How to install windows 10 software on my second internal hard drive?: Windows 10 reinstalled in my primary hard drive c I want it installed in my secondary hard drive f. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-10-software-on-my-second/617a6875-4d1d-4298-805c-e9135541faf0
  7. Install windows 10 on second hard drive

Install windows 10 on second hard drive: If I have a digital key on my hard drive will it let me install windows 10 to my second hard drive or back-up hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-on-second-hard-drive/6197a02d-9e44-4af8-8d96-182cd7803e86
  8. Create a bootable Windows 10 installer on the second hard drive

Create a bootable Windows 10 installer on the second hard drive: Hello! I've been messing with my laptop for hours now and still doesn't work so here's my problem... I have new m.2 SSD which I will use to replace my existing SSD on my laptop. Now I want to install an image of my OS on my new SSD but my problem was I don't have a working...
  9. install second hard drive hot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install second hard drive hot?: Hi All, I was under the impression that I was going to have a hard drive failure and purchased a new hard drive and cloned windows to it. it turned out my drive is fine, so I would like to use the drive as a second drive in my system. if I just plug it in, will my computer...
  10. Clean Install Windows 10 on SSD & Data on Hard Drive

Clean Install Windows 10 on SSD & Data on Hard Drive: I have Windows 7 on a SSD and my User files, programs, and data on a 1TB hard drive. I plan on doing a clean install and want to keep the same setup. Do I need to format the hard drive also? If not, how do I install Win 10 & put the User files on the hard drive? 56289

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing windows on 2nd drive ssd

2. when i try to instal win 10 on ssd it messes up at end?

3. how to install a second ssd

4. installing windows 10 on a secondary ssd,
  5. install windows on a second ssd