Windows 10: How To Install Windows 10 When Reformat Surface Pro

Discus and support How To Install Windows 10 When Reformat Surface Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know if there's anyway to reinstall the Windows 10 when I reformat my Surface Pro. This Surface Pro is a replacement set from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CalvinongStudio, Oct 22, 2020.

1. How To Install Windows 10 When Reformat Surface Pro

Hi,

I would like to know if there's anyway to reinstall the Windows 10 when I reformat my Surface Pro. This Surface Pro is a replacement set from Microsoft. I don't have any activation keys.

Thank you.

:)

CalvinongStudio, Oct 22, 2020
  2. DManero Win User

Reformat Surface Pro

I am trying to reformat my Surface pro. do a compete clean. I downloaded Windows 10 on to a USB and when I go to the option of reformat using the UBS, windows informs me that its not the correct media recovery.

Any ideas why this is?

DManero, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How To Install Windows 10 When Reformat Surface Pro

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

How To Install Windows 10 When Reformat Surface Pro

1. How To Install Windows 10 When Reformat Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Install Reformat Surface

2. Reformatting a Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformatting a Surface Pro 4: Taking a last ditch hope here, but can't find a solution after months of trying - so here is hoping. My surface pro 4 stopped reading keyboards and was generally acting poorly, so finally tried a full reset. Of course in doing so, the user profile service stopped allowing me...
  3. Reformatting a Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reformatting a Surface Pro 4: Taking a last ditch hope here, but can't find a solution after months of trying - so here is hoping. My surface pro 4 stopped reading keyboards and was generally acting poorly, so finally tried a full reset. Of course in doing so, the user profile service stopped allowing me...
  4. Reformatting a Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reformat Surface Book to factory settings

Reformat Surface Book to factory settings: Hi, my surface is not working that well and the camera stopped working. I have tried several ways to get it sorted - even did a restore but still no camera. My next step is to do a full reformat to factory settings. My question is - will this install Windows 10 again or...
  6. Stuck on this screen when trying to install Windows 10 on Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on this screen when trying to install Windows 10 on Surface Pro 7: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nervosum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjqu86/stuck_on_this_screen_when_trying_to_install/
  7. How to install IIS on Surface Pro X

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install IIS on Surface Pro X: Good day everyone, I spent an hour and a half with Microsoft chat support only to leave the chat no further ahead. On the surface pro X the add feature to select IIS is not there and if you try and manually install it from Microsoft you can a processor compatibility error...
  8. Surface Pro 4 - reformat to reinstall lost by Windows 10 key

Surface Pro 4 - reformat to reinstall lost by Windows 10 key: Hi, I have a Surface Pro 4, and I had an issue with the OS. Then I was block by my bitlocker, and without to much think, reformat to reinstall, thinking that I won't have any problem. I notice after installation that these is a problem, my windows 10 is not activated. So I...
  9. Reformatting upgraded Windows 10 Pro

Reformatting upgraded Windows 10 Pro: If I were to reformat a Windows 10 Pro, which is upgraded from a Windows 10 Home (provided by manufacturer) through Windows Store, will it return back to Windows 10 Home? Or will it stay on Windows 10 Pro? 50687
  10. Reformat and Reinstall Windows 10 Pro - DELL Installation Media

Reformat and Reinstall Windows 10 Pro - DELL Installation Media: Hi Guys, We've recently started to dabble with Windows 10 Pro in preparation to deploy to our environement which is currently Windows 7. I'm struggling at the first step though. Traditionally, whenever we receive new kit we wipe the preinstalled Dell OEM Windows OS and...