Windows 10: How to install Windows 10 when you only have a DVD drive?

Discus and support How to install Windows 10 when you only have a DVD drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I wanted to install Windows 10 on an older Pentium 4 machine I have laying around which is running Linux at the moment. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarlonB, Nov 20, 2020.

1. MarlonB Win User

How to install Windows 10 when you only have a DVD drive?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to install Windows 10 on an older Pentium 4 machine I have laying around which is running Linux at the moment.

After downloading the Media Creation Toolkit, I created a USB stick but soon realised there was no option to boot from USB in the BIOS of this particular machine (only floppy, HDD, or DVD).

No problem I thought, and I ran the Media Creation Toolkit again to create an ISO to burn on DVD. Unfortunately, the resulting ISO is 4.66GB, which cannot be burned on a standard DVD.

How can I install Windows 10 on this particular machine?

Thanks for the advice!

:)

MarlonB, Nov 20, 2020
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 20, 2020
  4. How to install Windows 10 when you only have a DVD drive?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

How to install Windows 10 when you only have a DVD drive?

1. How to install Windows 10 when you only have a DVD drive? - Similar Threads - install DVD drive

2. Is Windows 10 dvd good only for fresh installs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows 10 dvd good only for fresh installs.: I had to reinstall windows 7 home premium on my computer. Now I am unable to use the media creation tool to reinstall windows 11. I want to buy a windows 10 home software, but one of the listings I saw said it was not good for upgrades. Is that true?...
  3. can you only have the taskbar in the foreground when you are on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can you only have the taskbar in the foreground when you are on the desktop?: Hey have a question and you can only have the taskbar in the foreground when you are on the desktop? and when you are in the browser is no longer in the foreground because I have my taskbar transparent, it looks a little stupid from http9://prntc/tg658 i want to have the...
  4. DVD Installation with no optic drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DVD Installation with no optic drive: Hi, I accidentally purchased the DVD version of Windows 10 for a new pc build that doesn't have an optical drive. Is it possible to use a serial number or something on this DVD to transfer over to a USB version, or do I need to return the DVD and buy a new license entirely?...
  5. How to check what Hard Drive you have on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check what Hard Drive you have on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Most of the consumers have a laptop or a desktop computer, but they have no idea what kind of storage device they use. For example, […] This post How to check what Hard Drive you have on Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. dvd drive window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive window 10: My dvd drive does not open when I press the button on the tray......it use to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-window-10/4ca5170b-89a4-43e7-a342-e941ea60ec53
  7. External DVD drive disappears when a disk is installed in Windows 10

External DVD drive disappears when a disk is installed in Windows 10: When I insert a disk the DVD drive disappears from my computer screen, the DVD drive starts to spin the disk, but can't seem to find it, then slows down, and starts all over again. It connects and disconnects over and over and over continuously. How do I solve this problem?...
  8. have no dvd@cd drive how do I get the drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    have no dvd@cd drive how do I get the drives: can download game on my ASUS computer hope someone can help me thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-no-dvdcd-drive-how-do-i-get-the-drives/cee5db1b-98ff-410f-b109-c25ce3edb084
  9. DVD drive on windows 10

DVD drive on windows 10: I just bought A Dell Inspiron with intel processor and 8gb memory - I have windows 10. I am though not seeing the dvd drive in the explorer. I have MS office 2007 that I am trying to install with my dvd I purchased. it does not do anything when I insert the disc, Thanks...
  10. bootmgr corrupt but only when loading installer DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootmgr corrupt but only when loading installer DVD: I have a very weird issue. I had succesfully installed Windows 10 from an ISO, off flash card actually, to my regret. So it was a clean install. Boots fine, everything works except I have a slow harddrive for some reason, I get stalling harddrive. Frequently and...