Windows 10: How to install Windows 7 on a new laptop with Win 10 factory settling?

Discus and support How to install Windows 7 on a new laptop with Win 10 factory settling? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey there everyone. I recently got a new laptop for school. Its an ASUS Q504UA and its come with Windows 10 already on it. I am going to school for IT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tompentecost, Sep 3, 2016.

1. How to install Windows 7 on a new laptop with Win 10 factory settling?

Hey there everyone. I recently got a new laptop for school. Its an ASUS Q504UA and its come with Windows 10 already on it. I am going to school for IT and they gave us a free access key to DreamSpark so I have legal access to all sorts of operating systems, applications, etc. One of the things I am currently trying to do is install Windows 7 so I can get familiar with the older operating system and also play a few older PC games I haven't touched in years. I am having a difficult time figuring out how to install Windows 7 because my computer wasn't upgraded to 10, it just came with it already installed. If someone could give me a step by step instruction or link me to somewhere I would appreciate it. Thanks

Also I tried creating a new partition in the disk management to have a empty hard drive for Windows 7 to install in but when I go to install Windows 7 it doesn't give me the option to put it on that hard drive. It says I can only put it on my primary hard drive.

:)

tompentecost, Sep 3, 2016

2. Transfer files from Win 7 to Win 10

I apparently wasn't clear in my question. I will try again. I have two computers. One is old with win 7. The other is a brand new one that I purchased with win 10 already installed. My question is how to transfer personal files,documents, favorites etc
    from the old win 7 laptop to the new win 10 laptop. This is NOT a case of upgrading a single computer from 7 to 10 using windows update. If this transfer is even possible, I'm hoping for details as to how to do it. Thanks

JosephRitter/mudd, Sep 3, 2016
  3. jackdoor Win User
    win 10 and win 7 operating system's

Hello,

When I bought my laptop about 4 years ago it came with win 7 pre-installed, no os disc but had the option to restore to factory settings if anything catastrophic went wrong.

In 2015? I took the opportunity Microsoft gave me to upgrade to win 10. As I do not have a os disc for win 7 or win 10 what would I do if my computer had to have the hard drive wiped. When I upgraded to win 10 restore to factory settings is no longer an
    option on the laptop.

jackdoor, Sep 3, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

How to install Windows 7 on a new laptop with Win 10 factory settling?

Are you trying to wipe Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7 which is probably a bad idea or dual boot to Windows 10 & Windows 7? Another option is to run Windows 7 under a virtual machine within Windows 10. Whatever you do, you will need a Windows 7 product key - do you have one?

Steve C, Sep 3, 2016
  5. I'm trying to dual boot. I still want windows 10 but I also want the option to choose between 7 and 10 when I turn on my laptop. And yes I have the product key. I don't have the disc. This laptop doesn't even have a disc drive. But I have a free legal download from Microsoft dreamspark through my school.

tompentecost, Sep 3, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Sep 3, 2016
  7. Feather Win User
    Note that some of the newer laptops are not compatible with Windows 7, either in Legacy BIOS (aka CSM) or in UEFI mode.

If you have a Windows 7 product key and ISO file from Microsoft DreamSpark.

1. Create a UEFI bootable USB flash drive to Install Windows 7.

How to use Rufus to create bootable Window 7 USB for Legacy BIOS or UEFI.

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

2. You must disable Secure Boot in your UEFI firmware settings, because Secure Boot is not compatible with Windows 7.

3. Boot from the Windows 7 USB flash drive in UEFI mode. Note that you do not need to change the boot order of drives in your UEFI firmware settings, so just use the one-time boot menu to boot from the USB flash drive.

4. Install Windows 7 to another partition on your Windows 10 drive or other drive.

Feather, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to install Windows 7 on a new laptop with Win 10 factory settling?

1. How to install Windows 7 on a new laptop with Win 10 factory settling? - Similar Threads - install laptop factory

2. Have Windows 7 on laptop, want to factory then install Windows10 - how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have Windows 7 on laptop, want to factory then install Windows10 - how?: Have a laptop running Windows 7 that is slow and full of programs I no longer need. Goal is to return system to factory settings and start from scratch by installing Windows 10. And I'm assuming Windows 10 will install. My concern is the factory reset.... I know it takes out...
  3. Have Windows 7 on laptop, want to factory then install Windows10 - how?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have Windows 7 on laptop, want to factory then install Windows10 - how?: Have a laptop running Windows 7 that is slow and full of programs I no longer need. Goal is to return system to factory settings and start from scratch by installing Windows 10. And I'm assuming Windows 10 will install. My concern is the factory reset.... I know it takes out...
  4. update new instal win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update new instal win 7: Having trouble getting win updates on Dell D620 32 bit, it sat for years and I decided to install new HD and loaded the win7 refurb disc and of course can't run update without the following error: code 80072EFE. Tried a few KB's: Windows6.1-KB3138612-x86,...
  5. update new instal win 7

update new instal win 7: Having trouble getting win updates on Dell D620 32 bit, it sat for years and I decided to install new HD and loaded the win7 refurb disc and of course can't run update without the following error: code 80072EFE. Tried a few KB's: Windows6.1-KB3138612-x86,...
  6. New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace: New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-with-win-10-how-to-install-win-7-with/d1fc2fc3-5532-4779-9b3d-58634aa19bf4
  7. APP INSTALL ON WIN 10 LAPTOP ALSO INSTALLED ON WIN 7 PC

APP INSTALL ON WIN 10 LAPTOP ALSO INSTALLED ON WIN 7 PC: We installed Quicken on our Win 10 Laptop, and discovered that it had also installed on our Win 7 desktop. Both are under the same MS account. How is this possible?...
  8. Installing new Laptop (Win 10), TRYING to share with older Win 7 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing new Laptop (Win 10), TRYING to share with older Win 7 PCs: Last week, I had some hair until I tried to setup and share my new Lenovo (Win 10) with my old DESKTOP and LAPTOP (Win 7). All in my home, same router, I am only user, same Network except, the laptops are wireless, same network name, and the DESKTOP is hard wired all same...
  9. how to install Win 7 on a laptop running Win 10 Home (dual boot)

how to install Win 7 on a laptop running Win 10 Home (dual boot): 189 Dear All, I have a i5 laptop running on Win 10 Home where, for work reasons, Windows 7 Ultimate has to be installed (preferably on a vhd). Win 7 Ultimate will be the main OS, while Win 10 will remain in case the laptop needs to be sent back to the factory for repair....
  10. Best to Upgrade Win 7 or a new installation of Win 10 Pro?

Best to Upgrade Win 7 or a new installation of Win 10 Pro?: I did pass on the free upgrade to Win 10 last year or so. But now feel it might be best to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. At this point in time I would like to do 3 computers. And 2 others after the first of the year. Each has Win 7 Pro (64 bit). Also after reading a lot of...