Windows 10: How to install Windows Media Center?

Discus and support How to install Windows Media Center? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi im used Windows 7 for a long time and used Windows Media Center.Now im bought a new PC with Windows 10 and I don't have Media Center.Im followed the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by XboxBoy0007, Apr 30, 2019.

1. How to install Windows Media Center?

Hi im used Windows 7 for a long time and used Windows Media Center.Now im bought a new PC with Windows 10 and I don't have Media Center.Im followed the instructions on a YouTube but it didn't work.Can I get some help?

:)

XboxBoy0007, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Law-II Win User

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Apr 30, 2019
  3. FordGT90Concept, Apr 30, 2019
  4. How to install Windows Media Center?

xp media center ?

alright - I'll try and give you step-by-step instructions for it.

First, you need to backup the system registry. There are a few methods for doing this, but I use a dual method, just incase something goes wrong. If you don't have a 3rd party application that will backup the registry (like RegistryFix or System Mechanic), first, go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools> and open System Restore. Go ahead and make a system backup point, and title it whatever you want.

Second, make a seperate backup of the registry itself. Go to Start>Run and type in regedit - this will open the WIN registry editor. In the left hand window, make sure that 'My Computer' is highlighted, then go to File>Export... In the window that opens, make sure that 'ALL' is selected, and type in a backup name and save it somewhere easily accessible (i.e. the Desktop).

Alright, now that your registry and system is backed up . . . from within the WIN Registry Editor, in the left hand window, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> tree, then continue to expand the following folders SOFTWARE> Microsoft> Windows> Current Version> Media Center>

Once you have the Media Center> folder selected, you should see some icons in the right hand window. Find the one labeled Indent Key, it should have an integer value listed on the right side of the window, r-click on it and select 'Modify' and change the value from whatever it is to 3.1

After you've made that change, go to File>Exit and reboot the machine once WIN closes. Once it's booted back to the desktop, open the System Control Panel and see what version of MCE is displayed - and then try to install Update Rollup 2.

imperialreign, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

How to install Windows Media Center?

1. How to install Windows Media Center? - Similar Threads - install Media Center

2. WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER: WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/7ef9a367-cb07-4ff3-9807-5476cb2d7c78
  3. WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER: WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/7ef9a367-cb07-4ff3-9807-5476cb2d7c78
  4. Window Media Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Media Center: how do i conncet my pc to window media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-center/1eab3dec-0a3e-482a-8ee3-ee4d29a3cf0d
  5. windows media center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media center: how to i get the internet tv to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/51d4e124-c330-4adc-ab56-07efefc6d65b
  6. windows media center

windows media center: how do I find the settings for my windows media center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/52d1dff5-1b50-42c3-b465-6275ed714b0e
  7. How to install Windows Media Center into Windows 10

How to install Windows Media Center into Windows 10: Hi I cant see this mentioned, but it has been available for about 7 weeks as an unofficial installation Please advise if a heads up is required 28269
  8. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: has anyone been able to install Windows Media Center on the latest 10 Build without dorking Win 10 up*Huh 45749
  9. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: Has any one tried installing WMC on build 9926 yet? It wouldn't work on older builds. 3661
  10. Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center: I've just tested and I was able to add Media Center to Windows 10 with my Windows 8 media center key *Party Although my desktop watermark now shows as Windows 8.1 with media center. 1963