Windows 10: How to install Windows on a 4TB HDD without losing 2TB from it being in MBR?

Discus and support How to install Windows on a 4TB HDD without losing 2TB from it being in MBR? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Windows 10 onto a 4TB harddrive by plugging it into my computer, moving the Win10 ISO files onto the drive, then activating it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CleanAsUhWhistle1, Jul 11, 2020.

1. How to install Windows on a 4TB HDD without losing 2TB from it being in MBR?

I'm trying to install Windows 10 onto a 4TB harddrive by plugging it into my computer, moving the Win10 ISO files onto the drive, then activating it in DiskPart. However, I am unable to activate the partition unless the drive is in MBR format, but if I do that, 2TB of the HDD becomes unusable when you get Windows working on it.

Is there a way to install Win10 on a 4TB HDD, without converting to MBR and losing 2 TB of storage?

submitted by /u/CleanAsUhWhistle1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CleanAsUhWhistle1, Jul 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 installation on 4tb hdd on GPT partition with UEFI mode system.

Original Title: windows 10 installation on 4tb hdd

Hello,

I have a new Seagate 4tb hdd and gigabyte H110M motherboard (UEFI) in a desktop computer. When I install windows 10 x64 it only shows up as 2tb. I have converted the hdd to gpt partitioning (as apparently this is what I need to do to show whole hdd) but
    when I install win 10 it converts it back to mbr and still only shows it as 2tb. What do I need to do so windows installs in gpt format?

Thanks

Troy

TroySullivan, Jul 11, 2020
  3. natr0n Win User
    Problems with 4TB HDD

Only if booting from it otherwise you can use mbr on a 4tb for storage.

natr0n, Jul 11, 2020
  4. How to install Windows on a 4TB HDD without losing 2TB from it being in MBR?

How to install Windows 7 on a 4TB hard drive? UEFI?

I want to install windows 7 on my 4TB hard drive. Here's what I run into. I run the Windows 7 install, click the 4TB disk and it tells me I can't install it on the GPT partition. Is this because my motherboard isn't UEFI compatible or can I do it without this?

- Motherboard A960D+ AM3+ biostar (I don't think it's UEFI compatible and I think that's what i need to make this work?)
    - I formatted it and I can put data on the 4TB hard drive at the moment, but I can't install Windows 7 on it.

All the 4TB is recognizable, but I can't install Windows 7 on it.

Please HELP!!!

supadupa64, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

How to install Windows on a 4TB HDD without losing 2TB from it being in MBR?

1. How to install Windows on a 4TB HDD without losing 2TB from it being in MBR? - Similar Threads - install 4TB HDD

2. 4tb Hard drives showing as 2tb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4tb Hard drives showing as 2tb: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (2009, 19042.985) Version: 10.0.19042 I have 2 Seagate Barracuda drives that only show as 2tb. They are gpt. This is since using them in raid in nas. tried everything in this thread Disk Management shows new 4TB disk as 2TB despite using GPT...
  3. Ugrading my 1TB MBR HDD to a 4TB GPT SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ugrading my 1TB MBR HDD to a 4TB GPT SSD: Hi I need help. I spent an entire day trying to figure this out only to fail so I need help. I want to upgrade my 1TB MBR HDD to a 4TB GPT SSD. What I have: Partitions in order 1TB MBR HDD: System Reserved 500MB, (C:) 930GB, Recovery Partition 482MB 4TB GPT SSD: Unformatted...
  4. Installing Windows without losing data on hdd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows without losing data on hdd.: Can I migrate/fresh install Windows in my nvme SSD without losing data in my hdd. 1tb hdd is almost full and it isn't partitioned (was a bit lazy for that). It's laptop. submitted by /u/physicar [link] [comments]...
  5. 2TB HDD format to MBR or GPT??

2TB HDD format to MBR or GPT??: I just got a new 2TB HHD and i want to know which partition style i need to use MBR or GPT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2tb-hdd-format-to-mbr-or-gpt/672f2d14-e381-4682-9f1b-9b89f016c52f
  6. MBR HDD - 2 partitions to fill 4TB drive

MBR HDD - 2 partitions to fill 4TB drive: Hi there, I somehow managed to partition and format the attached (Disk 7) and both partitions and the HDD overall has been working for a few years now. I need to recreate it on Disk 6 and I can't remember how I did it. Anybody know how I did this?!?! TIA 154085
  7. MBR HDD - 2 partitions to fill 4TB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    MBR HDD - 2 partitions to fill 4TB drive: Hi there, I somehow managed to partition and format the attached (Disk 7) and both partitions and the HDD overall has been working for a few years now. I need to recreate it on Disk 6 and I can't remember how I did it. Anybody know how I did this?!?! TIA 154085
  8. How to convert Mbr to Gpt without losing data?

How to convert Mbr to Gpt without losing data?: Hi I want to convert my disk from Mbr to Gpt . Because i want to install Windows 10 64 bit and it requires Gpt partition. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-mbr-to-gpt-without-losing-data/4655f5b7-8d72-455f-8af4-e73cf9aa3d2b
  9. How to convert Mbr to Gpt without losing data?

How to convert Mbr to Gpt without losing data?: Hi guys.I want to convert my disk from Mbr to Gpt ... Because i want to install Windows 10 64 bit and it requires Gpt partition... I tried to convert it by easeus partition master but the "Convert mbr to gpt" isn't available for me because my windows is 32 bit ... Is there...
  10. Windows update 1803 formats secondary 4TB HDD from GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update 1803 formats secondary 4TB HDD from GPT to MBR: New to the group and boy do I have a good one! The other day when I booted up my desktop PC, I noticed a majority of my desktop icons had lost there images alerting me that something had went direly wrong. I opened My PC to inspect my HDD contents and I was shocked by what I...