Windows 10: how to install Windows on Unix laptop

Discus and support how to install Windows on Unix laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need some general guidance on how to download and install Windows on a laptop that only has Unix installed. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wimpy_Wellington, Apr 13, 2020.

1. how to install Windows on Unix laptop

I need some general guidance on how to download and install Windows on a laptop that only has Unix installed. Please help.

:)

Wimpy_Wellington, Apr 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 13, 2020
  3. ST Kent Win User
    Services for Unix 3.5 uninstall from windows 7 to allow upgrade to windows 10 (SFU 3.5)

Sure - unfortunately none of them work. All suggestions are basically: Try installer x - where that installer does not see the App installed, or go back to a recovery disk (which I don't have). I suspect there are some Registry Keys I can't see that need
    to be cleaned out and the App installers don't work because whatever the main one is is not there! e.g. on [Solved]Microsoft Windows Services for Unix 3.5 Completely Uninstalled - its says the following. But
    these keys don't exist! So I'm no netter off!

2. Delete registry entries of Microsoft Windows Services for Unix 3.5 CAREFULLY

• *HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft Windows Services for Unix 3.5
    • *HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft Windows Services for Unix 3.5
    3. Search throughout the hard drive and delete all associated files

• *C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Services for Unix 3.5
    • *C:\Documents and Settings\A\Application Data\Microsoft Windows Services for Unix 3.5

ST Kent, Apr 13, 2020
  4. how to install Windows on Unix laptop

Which Unix Do You Use?

An embedded Linux on my NAS *Smile how to install Windows on Unix laptop :)

Also, since this is about Unix based OSes, why is everyone listing their Windows version? Besides, how is Unix related to a mac vs PC discussion?

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

how to install Windows on Unix laptop

1. how to install Windows on Unix laptop - Similar Threads - install Unix laptop

2. Problem with ssh to a unix server from Window 10 or 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with ssh to a unix server from Window 10 or 11: I have a MIT Kerberos ticket. I have also established a VPN connection.I can login to a UNIX server at work using PuTTY on my Windows Desktop.But I cannot login to the same UNIX server using Visual Studio Code from the same Windows Desktop.I get Permission denied...
  3. Problem with ssh to a unix server from Window 10 or 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with ssh to a unix server from Window 10 or 11: I have a MIT Kerberos ticket. I have also established a VPN connection.I can login to a UNIX server at work using PuTTY on my Windows Desktop.But I cannot login to the same UNIX server using Visual Studio Code from the same Windows Desktop.I get Permission denied...
  4. Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2: After installing wsl 2 all the paths in any console show up as linux paths, and it's not finding stuff and causing issues with Visual StudioIs there a way to fix this?...
  5. Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2: After installing wsl 2 all the paths in any console show up as linux paths, and it's not finding stuff and causing issues with Visual StudioIs there a way to fix this?...
  6. Running a Unix alongside Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Running a Unix alongside Windows 10: I have windows 10 latest running on a PC. I now need to run some version of Unix/Linux on the same machine for some weird software. What is the best way to arrange this? Thanks, peter...
  7. Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why doesn't Microsoft do Linux/Unix?: Why doesn't Microsoft do a version of Linux or Unix? G-Unix/Gunix? G-Linux/Glinux? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-microsoft-do-linuxunix/9740475c-b851-4caf-9adf-3e8947b191b2
  8. How to emulate Win10 4-finger gestures without touchpad in Unix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to emulate Win10 4-finger gestures without touchpad in Unix?: Hi, I have a HP Zbook from work, and I love the desktop switching via 4-finger swipe. When using the touchpad this also works when I am connected to a Unix machine via RGS (remote graphics, thin client) running RedHat. Now when the laptop is docked and I am using...
  9. Is there an app that will read UNIX fortune data files?

Is there an app that will read UNIX fortune data files?: Is there an app that will display fortune cookies using data files from the UNIX fortune program? I am looking for something elegant and unobtrusive that can display cards from the Brian Eno/Peter Schmidt Oblique Strategies, for which a fortune data file exists. For those who...
  10. Can't write to Unix CIF shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't write to Unix CIF shares: I have a Freenas Server (based on FreeBSD Unix) connected to my network. I can't get it to show up in file explorer untill I type "//000.000.000.000" (it's IP address). When I try to drag a file to the window CIF shares (Permissions in Unix are Allow Guest Access and...