Windows 10: How to install xbox game pass games to HDD without changing default app install folder?

Discus and support How to install xbox game pass games to HDD without changing default app install folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am unable to install Xbox game-pass game on my HDD as it insists I need to change my download location for all apps despite my HDD being dedicated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MortalMonster10, Sep 2, 2020.

1. How to install xbox game pass games to HDD without changing default app install folder?

I am unable to install Xbox game-pass game on my HDD as it insists I need to change my download location for all apps despite my HDD being dedicated for games and my SSD being for apps. I want to install games on my HDD without having to have my apps on there as well. Also I have tried to change my default installation location to said HDD but I get error code 0x80070005. I have checked I have the latest Windows update.

Really would appreciate any help because Microsoft support are not helping in the slightest.

submitted by /u/MortalMonster10
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MortalMonster10, Sep 2, 2020

2. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Dboy352 Win User
    Xbox Game Pass PC Game Save Location

Does anyone know where the games downloaded from the xbox game pass pc save to? When you select to install a game it asks what drive you want to save to if you have multiple. I always select it to save to my HDD and not my SSD. But I had to reinstall my
    xbox game pass app (which was on my ssd) and now it does not recognize my games and I cannot find the game files on the HDD.

Also is there a way to tell xbox game pass for pc where to look for the files so it does not need to be downloaded again?

Dboy352, Sep 2, 2020
  4. How to install xbox game pass games to HDD without changing default app install folder?

Xbox games Pass Pc wont let me install games

Hi KleptoFerret,

Xbox Game Pass is a unique store like application for Windows which allows on to install games available in the library. However, if you can’t install Xbox Game Pass Games on Windows PC, follow our suggestion to fix it.

Please check this link for detailed guide:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Please let us know if this helps you out.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

How to install xbox game pass games to HDD without changing default app install folder?

1. How to install xbox game pass games to HDD without changing default app install folder? - Similar Threads - install xbox game

2. Change default location of where Xbox app install games

in Windows 10 News
    Change default location of where Xbox app install games: [ATTACH]Games take a lot of space, and if you are running out of space on the System Drive, then here is how you can change the default location of where the Xbox App installs games. You will have to take a two-step approach to set it up, but once done, you will not have to...
  3. Xbox game pass cant install apps Error: 0x803fb107

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox game pass cant install apps Error: 0x803fb107: Hi,I've had game pass for a while, and had no issues with installing games in the past using the xbox app, but I ran into an issue where suddenly, any game I would try to install would instantly default to the error above and would not install any progress. I recently had to...
  4. Xbox Game Pass application not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass application not installing: Bought the $1 game pass subscription, downloaded the app installer from the Microsoft Store, and ran it. The loading bar gets stuck at "Making awesomeness" or whatever garbage the line is, sometimes without loading at all, sometimes about a third of the way down. I've tried...
  5. Xbox App game pass installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App game pass installation: I recently subscribe to xbox gamepass and downloaded ark survival,midway through the download my laptop shut off and the progress was lost,does someone know where the apps are installed so I can find it and delete the old ark file or anyway to restart the download from where...
  6. xbox game pass install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox game pass install: I bought the xbox game pass for pc and have downloaded a few games from it in the past it took a long time to actually get them to download. I've been trying to download a new one but the install button is greyed out and it says that I don't have any devices connected to my...
  7. 800704c6 When trying to install some game pass games on Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    800704c6 When trying to install some game pass games on Xbox app: Hello, I have bought the Xbox game pass for pc and tried to install some games like Gears 5, A plague tale, and Halo reach. But for some reason, I always get stuck at 1% or something and it shows the error 800704c6. The weird thing is, when I tried to install Sunset...
  8. Xbox game Pass PC not installing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game Pass PC not installing games: I am trying to install games from the xbox Game Pass app on PC and it keeps saying that my drive must be formatted in NTFS. Well, both my D: and E: drives have been formatted to this since I got my PC a couple months ago. It seems like no matter what I do I cannot install...
  9. Xbox Game Pass game says it is installed but its not (Help)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass game says it is installed but its not (Help): Not sure if it makes a difference, but my PC shutdown during an install of a Xbox game pass game install. If i hit the install button, the game immediately "finishes the download" soon followed by the pop-up in the bottom right corner saying game was installed and to check...
  10. Change default install folder / HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change default install folder / HDD: Hello I found the registry entry to change the default install directory.....HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion. But although this worked, it worked too well....all my existing programs installed to the original C driver could not be...