Windows 10: How to install Zorin OS through WSL2?

Discus and support How to install Zorin OS through WSL2? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Home ver 1909 with Windows Insider Program and WSL 2 enabled. Currently I'm running the latest Unubtu from the Microsoft store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Phoenix, Oct 29, 2020.

1. How to install Zorin OS through WSL2?

I'm using Windows 10 Home ver 1909 with Windows Insider Program and WSL 2 enabled. Currently I'm running the latest Unubtu from the Microsoft store through WSL2. I'd like to get Zorin OS with a graphical desktop environment installed but it's not in the Microsoft store. I did find this which is a ext4.vhdx file of an older version of Zorin OS. It comes with a .bat file which I have run but have no clue what to do next. ZorinOS WSL2 Distro . GitHub

I would sort of like to be able to download a new version of Zorin and install that instead but no one on the Zorin forum seems to know how to help me do that or to get the Zorin OS from the above link working which is why I'm here. Can anyone help? Thanks.

:)

John Phoenix, Oct 29, 2020

2. WSL2 for windows

I have failed into installing WSL for Windows. I have read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10 how to do it, and at step 4:

1. Download the latest package:
      [COLOR=var(--text)][COLOR=var(--info-dark)] Note[/COLOR]
      If you're using an ARM64 machine, please download the ARM64 package instead. If you're not sure what kind of machine you have, open Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter: systeminfo | find "System Type".
      [/COLOR]
    2. Run the update package downloaded in the previous step. (Double-click to run - you will be prompted for elevated permissions, select ‘yes’ to approve this installation.)

I encountered:

How to install Zorin OS through WSL2? [​IMG]

and

What I did wrong ? I have the following W10 version:

Another question: am I in the the right forum ?

mesajflaviu, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Dethroy Win User
    Zorin

Scrolling down your link reveals the following:

Dethroy, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Guitar Win User

How to install Zorin OS through WSL2?

Zorin

Zorin OS: Your Computer. Better.
    Anybody used Zorin? How is it?

I was thinking earlier about Windows/Linux and gaming etc. Basically to get people to migrate off Windows, you need a really Windows like system that works very similarly and also allows running of Windows programs if necessary. Zorin seems to do most of that as well as has easier access for installing and running Windows based programs from Wine.

I know this has been attempted in the past, but has either failed or not had any adoption. Is this the case with Zorin, or is it actually worth using? Does it run 'most' Windows programs easier or better than a general wine install would? How is gaming on it if anybody has tried?

Guitar, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

How to install Zorin OS through WSL2?

1. How to install Zorin OS through WSL2? - Similar Threads - install Zorin through

2. How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu: I want to see the files and folder icons when I use the ls command. Is there any way to achieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-terminal-icons-in-wsl2-ubuntu/7c810f10-3237-462b-8845-dcdb98f644e7
  3. WSL2 - Upgrade / Installation

WSL2 - Upgrade / Installation: When trying to upgrade to wsl2 I get this error: ``` Conversion in progress, this may take a few minutes... For information on key differences with WSL 2 please visit https://aka.ms/wsl2The request is not supported. ``` When trying to install from scratch I get this error:```...
  4. WSL2 - Upgrade / Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 - Upgrade / Installation: When trying to upgrade to wsl2 I get this error: ``` Conversion in progress, this may take a few minutes... For information on key differences with WSL 2 please visit https://aka.ms/wsl2The request is not supported. ``` When trying to install from scratch I get this error:```...
  5. WSL2 - Upgrade / Installation

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Drive not showing while installing windows 10 from linix Zorin os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive not showing while installing windows 10 from linix Zorin os: Hey, I am Kawsar. I am using hp pavilion 14 dv0054tu Laptop. In this laptop windows 10 comes with pre-installed. But I install linux zorin os after 2 months of buying. But then I realised I should go back to windows 10 because of some software I need that are not available...
  7. Drive not showing while installing windows 10 from linix Zorin os

Drive not showing while installing windows 10 from linix Zorin os: Hey, I am Kawsar. I am using hp pavilion 14 dv0054tu Laptop. In this laptop windows 10 comes with pre-installed. But I install linux zorin os after 2 months of buying. But then I realised I should go back to windows 10 because of some software I need that are not available...
  8. Drive not showing while installing windows 10 from linix Zorin os

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Can I get my Windows licence back after installing Linux Zorin OS?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get my Windows licence back after installing Linux Zorin OS?: Hello,I would like to know that, can I get my Windows 10 License Digital License back after installing Linux Zorin OS?It was Pre-installed with Windows 7 but I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro using the Free Upgrade on 2019.So, Will I be able to get my license back?...
  10. How to install Zorin OS through WSL2?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to install Zorin OS through WSL2?: I'm using Windows 10 Home ver 1909 with Windows Insider Program and WSL 2 enabled. Currently I'm running the latest Unubtu from the Microsoft store through WSL2. I'd like to get Zorin OS with a graphical desktop environment installed but it's not in the Microsoft store. I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsl install zorin os