Windows 10: How to investigate Microsoft Edge memory usage on Windows

Discus and support How to investigate Microsoft Edge memory usage on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Performance is essential to your success, which makes it core to ours. To help ensure the browser doesn’t slow you down, we always keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

How to investigate Microsoft Edge memory usage on Windows

Source: How to investigate Microsoft Edge’s memory usage on Windows - Microsoft Edge Blog

:)

Brink, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Improving Memory Usage in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Source: Improving Memory Usage in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

Brink, Jan 13, 2021
  3. High CPU usage Microsoft Edge on video Streaming

Hi Sibtain,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue with the high CPU usage in Edge. We suggest that you clear your browsing data. Clearing your browsing data will help improve the performance of Edge. To clear, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Click on Clear.

You can also visit this link with a similar concern as yours and check the solution
    provided by Josette Sal.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 13, 2021
  4. How to investigate Microsoft Edge memory usage on Windows

Runaway memory usage

On your suggestion I went to uninstall AVG. It offered to go into an on-demand mode (I can't remember the word it used to describe).
    So I tried that instead of uninstalling. Upon reboot everything seemed unchanged. High CPU usage, memory growth, no good.

So I ran the uninstall. This moved along step by step ... until the last step (titled: replacing files) never completed. It left behind a bunch of its stuff in Program Files:
    Code:
    So I have a bunch of leftover crap ... which I'll probably just delete.

Anyway, after rebooting it seems that all is well. CPU usage is near zero. The fans are quiet. (Computer fans, not football fans!) *chuckle

Thanks for the quick reply.

margrave55, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

How to investigate Microsoft Edge memory usage on Windows

1. How to investigate Microsoft Edge memory usage on Windows - Similar Threads - investigate Microsoft Edge

2. Memory usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Memory usage: I don't know Why my Memory use of antivirus service are so high https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/memory-usage/e86a6d14-787e-450a-b90a-0261aebcdff9
  3. memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory usage: hi all:My laptop has 16GB of ram installed. Checking the memory information via the task manager, it states that 5.9GB is in use and 9.6GB available. Is 5.9GB in use normal or can I lower the usage of the GB of ram?...
  4. Fix Microsoft Edge High Memory Usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Edge High Memory Usage in Windows 10: [ATTACH]While Microsoft Edge uses the same Chromium Engine as the Chrome browser, the CPU […] This article Fix Microsoft Edge High Memory Usage in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How Microsoft Edge and other applications manage memory

in Windows 10 News
    How Microsoft Edge and other applications manage memory: With much of your to-do list now online, you expect your browser to be fast and reliable every day. Your browser is the tool you rely on to get things done. Online productivity now depends on how fast your browser is, so that to-do list can disappear. So, don’t...
  6. Improving Memory Usage in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Improving Memory Usage in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: Our goal on the Microsoft Edge team is to deliver the best performing browser possible on Windows and other platforms. When a browser uses too much memory, it can slow down the whole system; memory, in general, is a critical resource to keeping any device running smoothly....
  7. Microsoft edge Canary version memory usage.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft edge Canary version memory usage.: Running the new edge browser, ive recently updated to 1903 and running canary, i seem to be using a lot more ram? i only have 3 tabs open, any ideas? [img] 131535
  8. Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Usage: My computer is in idle state still 80 to 90% of the memory is being used. Due to this I am unable to do anything on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-usage/5db7c4ad-57c7-4f61-b9df-f84b267ecd88
  9. How to limit memory usage?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to limit memory usage?: i discover window always use 50% memory how to limit the memory usage of system resource to 1GB or minimum only for window 7 and window 10? can this show log about program location when any program or system or service exceed 32MB if i lower this limit , can explorer or...
  10. Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%: Now i'm using windows 10 but I had this problem also when using windows 8.1pro. The windows 81.pro I have the original dvd here and I tried few times to make clean install. Also windows 10 I got it free online and the same problem. For example now i'm using Edge I have...