Windows 10: How to jump to the top in file explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support How to jump to the top in file explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I usually click and drag email attachments from outlook to file explorer to save them. They are sorted by "file name" or "date modified"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wangnuni, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Wangnuni Win User

How to jump to the top in file explorer in Windows 10

Hi all,

I usually click and drag email attachments from outlook to file explorer to save them. They are sorted by "file name" or "date modified" depending on how the folder is set to sort.

Therefore, the dragged file doesn't always go to the top but i wanted to see them on top by sorting them by "date modified". However, my file explore lead me to the bottom most of time and I need to manually scroll up to the top so the the most recent file.

Is there any shortcut that I can manually go back to the top in file explorer? I know there are many posting about problem that automatically goes to the top in a few seconds which doesn't happen to mine. I want to manually go back to the topor bottom.

Please, help.

:)

Wangnuni, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2020
  3. l_turn9 Win User
    Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file

When I open Win Explorer with the intention of searching/browsing my files, the cursor will jump to the bottom of the list of files within 10 seconds of opening Explorer. Also, if I enter a previously opened Explorer and if I am near the bottom, the cursor
    will often jump to the top. In either case, I must relocate the cursor to the correct area and start browsing again. I wish you could fix this with a update instead of waiting for a next issue of Windows.

Thx

l_turn9, Apr 25, 2020
  4. JBr44 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files

This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter what I want to look at, it quickly jumps back to the top of the list. I know this is not a new problem (my
    search shows a complaint from July 31, 2015). An answer to that complain posting was to "turn off the Automatic Accent Color for your backgrounds." That's not acceptable. I like the color changing automatically (what the hell does that have to do with the
    File Explorer "jumping"? Is there another work-around, or is this just another ever continuing screw up by Microsoft?

JBr44, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. How to jump to the top in file explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - jump top file

2. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10: As has happened on occasions in the past, in Windows 10 the File Explorer is jumping on its own from however far down I might be looking to the top as sorted of a folder.I have tried a fix suggested in the past selecting "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in File...
  3. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10: As has happened on occasions in the past, in Windows 10 the File Explorer is jumping on its own from however far down I might be looking to the top as sorted of a folder.I have tried a fix suggested in the past selecting "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in File...
  4. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows explorer jumps to top

windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  6. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  7. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows explorer jumping to top

Windows explorer jumping to top: When using windows explorer to search for a file, after a few seconds the screen will suddenly jump to the top, meaning I either then have navigate back to where I was or end up clicking on the wrong folder. Before you say anything: I don't have Automatically Pick and Accent...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files

Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files: This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter what I want to look at, it quickly jumps back to the top of the list. I know this is not a new problem my search shows a...
  10. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...