Windows 10: How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?

Discus and support How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just one machine on our little lan that seems to disappear from time to time and it looks like it does that because it goes into sleep mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Aug 31, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?

I have just one machine on our little lan that seems to disappear from time to time and it looks like it does that because it goes into sleep mode.

How do I fix that if that's what it probably is?

:)

abrogard, Aug 31, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Aug 31, 2019
  3. RevengE Win User
    Building a LAN rig

well guys I want to build a rig just for LANS I want it to be nvidia seeing that I'm an amd/ati guy I want to switch it up a bit I just want it to be a midrange system nothing too expensive any suggestions or full lists that you come up with would be awesome!

RevengE, Aug 31, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN

Hi there

Tried your suggestions - No difference

Here's example -- one Linux and 2 W10 machines currently up and running on my LAN - both W10 pro X-64

Linux sees W10 machines - Linux machine is Gylfi running Centos 7 -- the other two are W10.

Access to either W10 machine and the Windows shares on either windows machine from Centos (Linux) no problem.

W10 Machines don't even show a SINGLE computer -- all sharing and networking discovery enabled --even with Firewall off for testing.

The W10 machines though show devices such s chromecast or servers - squeezebox (Logitech media server) and Plex.

Grhhhhhh!!!

Anyway something to do on a rainy / snowy cold Sunday. !!!

Here's the screenshots -- computer Gylfi is the Linux one the other two are Windows 10.

How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan? [​IMG]

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan? - Similar Threads - Keep Machine Awake

2. Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN: We have a new Windows 11 Home pc. We have a computer on the same subnet where we share files. Windows firewall has been turned off on both machines. The subnet is 192.168.1.x / 24. We can ping 192.168.1.110 from the two computers 192.1638.1.75 and 192.168.1.159 can both ping...
  3. Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN: We have a new Windows 11 Home pc. We have a computer on the same subnet where we share files. Windows firewall has been turned off on both machines. The subnet is 192.168.1.x / 24. We can ping 192.168.1.110 from the two computers 192.1638.1.75 and 192.168.1.159 can both ping...
  4. two machines cannot be seen on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two machines cannot be seen on LAN: Yet both can see and browse files ok. One of then is running Win10 and the other XP. I can't see either when I try and remap the drives. I ran the networking diagnosis but it didn't help. Just seemed to happen out of the blue. Any help appreciated. 175410
  5. Windows Update keeps non-system HDDs awake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keeps non-system HDDs awake: I set "Turn off hard disk after" to 20 minutes in Power Options. But my HDDs keep waking up for no apparent reason. So I am tracking down the causes. I applied the registry settings in:...
  6. Low LAN speeds on only one machine

Low LAN speeds on only one machine: My device is reporting a LAN speed of anywhere between 100 - 400 Mb/s whereas any other device I tried to connect to the same network reported consistent speeds of about 900 - 1000 Mb/s. This problem persists with different cables and other devices connected with the same...
  7. How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?

How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?: I have just one machine on our little lan that seems to disappear from time to time and it looks like it does that because it goes into sleep mode. How do I fix that if that's what it probably is? 139624
  8. LAN keeps on Disconnecting.

LAN keeps on Disconnecting.: Hello, i recently have this problem, my LAN keeps on disconnecting. and when i click troubleshoot, it will be temporarily fixed (Default gateway is not available - Fixed) and for a couple of minutes it will disconnect again. i already tried updating the drivers and still, it...
  9. powercfg and ps keeping my computer awake??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    powercfg and ps keeping my computer awake??: How do I stop the process nw.exe from keeping my computer from going to sleep. I know it's a powercfg command but I'm not sure of the options so any help would really be appreciated *Smile Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER]...
  10. Freeze on awake

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze on awake: Hey, Sometimes when my PC comes back up from hibernation (hybrid sleep enabled) it freezes so stiff that even the reset button stops working. The screen updates once so the clock widget on my taskbar shows the current time for a second. Sometimes the HDD light stays lit,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep lan awake