Windows 10: How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?

Discus and support How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just one machine on our little lan that seems to disappear from time to time and it looks like it does that because it goes into sleep mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abrogard, Aug 31, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?

I have just one machine on our little lan that seems to disappear from time to time and it looks like it does that because it goes into sleep mode.

How do I fix that if that's what it probably is?

:)

abrogard, Aug 31, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Aug 31, 2019
  3. RevengE Win User
    Building a LAN rig

well guys I want to build a rig just for LANS I want it to be nvidia seeing that I'm an amd/ati guy I want to switch it up a bit I just want it to be a midrange system nothing too expensive any suggestions or full lists that you come up with would be awesome!

RevengE, Aug 31, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN

Hi there

Tried your suggestions - No difference

Here's example -- one Linux and 2 W10 machines currently up and running on my LAN - both W10 pro X-64

Linux sees W10 machines - Linux machine is Gylfi running Centos 7 -- the other two are W10.

Access to either W10 machine and the Windows shares on either windows machine from Centos (Linux) no problem.

W10 Machines don't even show a SINGLE computer -- all sharing and networking discovery enabled --even with Firewall off for testing.

The W10 machines though show devices such s chromecast or servers - squeezebox (Logitech media server) and Plex.

Grhhhhhh!!!

Anyway something to do on a rainy / snowy cold Sunday. !!!

Here's the screenshots -- computer Gylfi is the Linux one the other two are Windows 10.

How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan? [​IMG]

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan? - Similar Threads - Keep Machine Awake

2. How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Keep A Machine Awake On The Lan?: I have just one machine on our little lan that seems to disappear from time to time and it looks like it does that because it goes into sleep mode. How do I fix that if that's what it probably is? 139624
  3. LAN keeps on Disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN keeps on Disconnecting.: Hello, i recently have this problem, my LAN keeps on disconnecting. and when i click troubleshoot, it will be temporarily fixed (Default gateway is not available - Fixed) and for a couple of minutes it will disconnect again. i already tried updating the drivers and still, it...
  4. srvnet keeping computer awake even when not sharing files

srvnet keeping computer awake even when not sharing files: So my computer (let's call it "Server") won't sleep because of srvnet as shown by cmd --> powercfg /requests. It only started recently but I don't know what caused it to do this. I have always had folders on Server shared with other computers ("Clients") on the network....
  5. How do I keep NAS drives awake? broken since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I keep NAS drives awake? broken since last update: When I open Windows Explorer my NAS drives have the red X over them like they are disconnected. I click on them and they connect right away. The problem I am having is when I try to stream a movie from my NAS via my app it says "path not found". I then have to open Windows...
  6. Is it "safe" to keep external hard drives awake 24/7 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it "safe" to keep external hard drives awake 24/7 ?: One small niggle I have is the 6 external HDDs I have, which are connected to docks, constantly take about 5 seconds to come to life when needed, I suddenly hear them whir up when I click on them or save to them. I have turned off "sleep" in Power settings, but this doesn't...
  7. Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN

Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN: Hi there After latest W10 updates W10 computers can't see ANY other machines on my LAN. 2 Linux Machines, one W7, one XP and 2 W10 machines on a LAN. Linux easily sees ALL computers and can access shared folders. W7 and XP machines see All machines - Wndows and...
  8. powercfg and ps keeping my computer awake??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    powercfg and ps keeping my computer awake??: How do I stop the process nw.exe from keeping my computer from going to sleep. I know it's a powercfg command but I'm not sure of the options so any help would really be appreciated *Smile Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER]...
  9. Computer awakes by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer awakes by itself: A few days ago I downloaded win 10 and everything is going pretty well except.. every night at 12:15 exactly the computer will awake from sleep by itself. I never had this issue with win 7 which I just upgraded from. Any suggestions are much appreciated. *Think 15798
  10. Freeze on awake

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze on awake: Hey, Sometimes when my PC comes back up from hibernation (hybrid sleep enabled) it freezes so stiff that even the reset button stops working. The screen updates once so the clock widget on my taskbar shows the current time for a second. Sometimes the HDD light stays lit,...