Windows 10: How to keep apps open permanently on Start menu

Discus and support How to keep apps open permanently on Start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I press the start menu, I have to press a sub menu to list the apps. Is there any way to leave the apps showing permanently on the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mustang, May 27, 2019.

1. Mustang Win User

How to keep apps open permanently on Start menu

Every time I press the start menu, I have to press a sub menu to list the apps. Is there any way to leave the apps showing permanently on the start menu?

:)

Mustang, May 27, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, May 27, 2019
  4. jc351226 Win User

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

Thank you guys so much for the replies. So a bit of things I have tried was renaming the files so they should not launch. I have added the new file names in the GPO as restricted apps to not be able to be used but the edge app is still listed in the start menu. and just clicking on it rings up a dead edge window prompting you of the lack of internet connection. But if you type C:\ in the bar it will open a file explorer in the root of C. i have been fighting with this new image for about 2 weeks now. It is locked down very tight. And the final step is doing away with the Edge icon. If i could just permanently hide or delete that icon I would be thoroughly finished. Thank you so much for your replies and I did follow those steps which did help to a certain extent. But since the application is still installed I guess the app will be listed in the installed app listing.

jc351226, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to keep apps open permanently on Start menu - Similar Threads - keep apps open

2. My start menu keeps opening randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start menu keeps opening randomly: While I'm using my laptop the start menu just opens randomly even when I'm not even touching my laptop and nothing I've tried to fix it is working. Is there anything that would work to fix it?...
  3. My start menu keeps opening randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My start menu keeps opening randomly: While I'm using my laptop the start menu just opens randomly even when I'm not even touching my laptop and nothing I've tried to fix it is working. Is there anything that would work to fix it?...
  4. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  5. How to keep open Clipboard in Win11 permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep open Clipboard in Win11 permanently?: I do not want to press Win+V key again and again. Please tell me how to keep Clipboard window permanently open.Also, there is no option to resize the clipboard window. I have a big screen and clipboard window is so tiny. I cannot resize it.Thanks...
  6. How to keep open Clipboard in Win11 permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep open Clipboard in Win11 permanently?: I do not want to press Win+V key again and again. Please tell me how to keep Clipboard window permanently open.Also, there is no option to resize the clipboard window. I have a big screen and clipboard window is so tiny. I cannot resize it.Thanks...
  7. Start menu won’t open properly. Permanent grey screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu won’t open properly. Permanent grey screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mcardinals75 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl24oy/start_menu_wont_open_properly_permanent_grey/
  8. Cursor keeps jumping to start button and opening the start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor keeps jumping to start button and opening the start menu: Since I bought this laptop the cursor keeps jumping to the start button and opening the start menu. It's really frustrating. It does it about every half hour or so. I looked at a few threads on here and Reddit but nothing has worked. My laptop doesn't have a touch screen and...
  9. Place permanent image in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Place permanent image in start menu: With the pandemic i'm using my usual PC to study, so I thought to integrate things into easy to access places. I'd like to have my calendar with classes and times in my start menu, but I cant seem to find a way to put a picture in it for easy viewing whenever I press the...
  10. Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10: How to: Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 How to Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 The pinned apps (tiles) on the Start screen. This tutorial will show you how to keep the Start menu open when opening multiple apps from the Start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. permanently keep apps open on windows 10