Windows 10: how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11

Discus and support how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I went through the process of changing default apps to Chrome for the default browser. The first time I hit Chrome, the Chrome page comes up, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by earl1812, Jan 14, 2023.

1. earl1812 Win User

how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11

I went through the process of changing default apps to Chrome for the default browser. The first time I hit Chrome, the Chrome page comes up, but the 2nd and 3rd , etc. time Bing comes up when the Chrome iron is hit. Is there a fix for this? Thank you.

:)

earl1812, Jan 14, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 14, 2023
  3. Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 14, 2023
  4. how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11

Reset the default browser to Google Chrome

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the changes apply to the system.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • From the top right corner of the screen click on
      View by
      and select Large icons.
    • Select Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs from the window.
    • Under Programs, select Chrome browser, click on
      Set this program as default and click on OK.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know the status.

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 14, 2023
Thema:

how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11

1. how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11 - Similar Threads - KEEP Chrome default

2. how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to KEEP Chrome as the default browser Windows 11: I went through the process of changing default apps to Chrome for the default browser. The first time I hit Chrome, the Chrome page comes up, but the 2nd and 3rd , etc. time Bing comes up when the Chrome iron is hit. Is there a fix for this? Thank you....
  3. Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.: I do not get the prompt that says make Google Chrome your default. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and still cannot? New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home. New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home....
  4. Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.: I do not get the prompt that says make Google Chrome your default. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and still cannot? New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home. New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home....
  5. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  6. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  7. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  8. set chrome as default browser

set chrome as default browser: how to set chrome as default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-default-browser/620d5e83-ab61-4586-93dc-eb5244b96387
  9. How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10

How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10: I am not getting the way to set Chrome as default browser permanently. Just give the steps to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-chrome-default-browser-in-windows-10/90038208-eac7-4935-92a3-9bb0e17f6cc8
  10. how does one make Chrome the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    how does one make Chrome the default browser: I have set Chrome to default browser and all seems to be well apart from one or even to burps. In certain emails, I click on an attachment and it will still open up Microsoft Edge. The question for today is ... how does one stop an attachment file stubbornly opening up Edge...