Windows 10: How to keep ethernet port powered when computer is in sleep mode?

Discus and support How to keep ethernet port powered when computer is in sleep mode? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using a desktop with windows 10. For the longest time my computer would maintain an internet connection when in sleep mode. Today, it randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Evan__R, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Evan__R Win User

How to keep ethernet port powered when computer is in sleep mode?

I am using a desktop with windows 10. For the longest time my computer would maintain an internet connection when in sleep mode. Today, it randomly stopped doing that and now when my computer goes into sleep mode the ethernet port turns off right before the PC officially sleeps.

I have a wired connection, and the device in device manager is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

My Device Manager Settings for the RealTek Controller:

• Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is checked OFF.
    • Energy Efficient Ethernet is Disabled.
    • Wake on Magic Packet is Enabled.
    • I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it.
    • I also tried installing the latest driver for windows 10 that I saw on Realtek's website.

Power & Sleep Settings:

• Balanced Plan.
    • Networking connectivity in Standby is Enabled.

Nothing has worked, and I feel like I've run out of options from my research online. I can live without it, but it's a convenience I'd like to have back. Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Evan__R, Dec 26, 2020

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 26, 2020
  4. DebStaky Win User

USB port power when laptop in sleep mode

Since latest update, USB port powers off when laptop goes into sleep mode. How do I change settings to allow continuous power for USB port?

DebStaky, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. How to keep ethernet port powered when computer is in sleep mode? - Similar Threads - keep ethernet port

2. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  3. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  4. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  5. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  6. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  7. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  8. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Need Power to USB Ports in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Power to USB Ports in Sleep Mode: I recently purchased a new Win 10 machine to replace both my main work computer and my shipping computer. Unfortunately, my thermal label printer is plugged into a USB port which powers off when my computer goes to sleep. When it powers up again, the print spool gets...
  10. Deep sleep mode Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deep sleep mode Ethernet port: I bought a new motherboard, because i thought that a ethernet port on the old one died... And now with my NEW motherboard i get the same error when i want to install an Ethernet driver... Can somebody please help me!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow ethernet while computer is in rest mode