Windows 10: How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings

Discus and support How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, So basically, my laptop, a Dell G5 15, used to have the speaker volume at a different volume level than the headphones. For example, if I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by splashing_30, Apr 11, 2019.

1. How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings

Hey,

So basically, my laptop, a Dell G5 15, used to have the speaker volume at a different volume level than the headphones. For example, if I had the speaker volume at 0%, and then plugged in my headphones, it would be at 50%, and when I disconnect it, the laptop speakers would remain at 0%, not 50%, and the headphones would remain at 50%. I want to keep my laptop like this, but now, even if I try to keep both settings at different volumes, both would be at the same volume %. How can I fix this? Thanks!

:)

splashing_30, Apr 11, 2019

2. Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

How to separate the volume of speaker and headphone phone volume. I am using Realtek High Definition Audio. My headphone is not in the sound list.

Microsoft account user, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Ivy Mun Win User

How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings

1. How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings - Similar Threads - Keep Headphone Speaker

2. Bluetooth speakers and headphones connect but don't show in 'Volume' or Sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speakers and headphones connect but don't show in 'Volume' or Sound settings: Hi everyone :I've recently discovered that my Bluetooth soundbar and headphones connect but don't show in 'Volume' or Sound settings. The strange thing is that a different set of Bluetooth speakers show up everytime, no problem. I've run the troubleshooters for audio and...
  3. Bluetooth speakers and headphones connect but don't show in 'Volume' or Sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth speakers and headphones connect but don't show in 'Volume' or Sound settings: Hi everyone :I've recently discovered that my Bluetooth soundbar and headphones connect but don't show in 'Volume' or Sound settings. The strange thing is that a different set of Bluetooth speakers show up everytime, no problem. I've run the troubleshooters for audio and...
  4. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  5. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  6. Headphones and Speakers connected in settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones and Speakers connected in settings: I was trying to do something and realized my headphones and speakers were one setting when i want them to be separate. I've been trying to figure out how to no avail. The audio switches from headphone to speaker no problem its just the fact that they are one setting. If this...
  7. Make same audio come through headphones and speaker at different volume.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make same audio come through headphones and speaker at different volume.: I'm attending a virtual concert in a couple of days. I have some LED lights in my room that I can sync with audio through the mic on my phone, and I want to do this to add a little bit of atmosphere. Unfortunately I cannot play music loud out of my laptop speakers as I live...
  8. Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume.

Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume.: The headphone volume is painfully loud compared to the speaker volume. I am lowering/raising the volume every time I need to switch between headphone and the speaker (several times a day). Is there a way to set Win10 to have different volume settings for my headphone and...
  9. HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep...

HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep...: There are numerous times that I've blown out my eardrums at this point. Generally, I think that everyone, including me, keeps their volume levels at a comfortable level of 20-25/100 regardless if you're using the device speaker or headphones/earphones for any device, may it...
  10. Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels: The sound volume in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels. For example if I have a speaker volume at 20%, then I plug in the headphones, it could be something like 70%. When I disconnect the headphones, the speaker volume gets back to 20%...