Windows 10: How To Keep html files and their associated folder together?

Discus and support How To Keep html files and their associated folder together? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some time win10 has been saving everything I download in 'Downloads'. It got to 250G and over 60,000 files so I moved everything out of there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, May 10, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Keep html files and their associated folder together?

For some time win10 has been saving everything I download in 'Downloads'.

It got to 250G and over 60,000 files so I moved everything out of there.

Tried to. It wouldn't go.

So I tried highlighting and moving just the html and that worked - except it left the _files folders behind.

I thought I had things set so's windows would treat html and associated folders as one.

Apparently not so.

How do I fix that - get them seen as one unit and have that preserved ?

And is there any tool to join together again split pairs from all over your hard drive?

:)

abrogard, May 10, 2020

2. How to change HTML File Associations from Edge to IE in Windows 10?

Hi,

I realize that you want to change HTML File Associations from Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Follow these steps to make changes in the Control Panel and check if that helps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Default programs.

• Click on Associated a file type with a program.

• Scroll down to select HTML file and click on change program.

• Select Internet Explorer and click ok.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 10, 2020
  3. mandoist Win User
    File Association Helper in Startup

from another forum on May 6, 2018:
    You can uninstall File Association Helper in less than 5 minutes. Here are the steps to follow:

Step 1 — Uninstall File Association Helper via Control Panel

Simply go to Start > type Control Panel > double click the first result to launch Control Panel.
    Then go to Uninstall a program > locate File Association Helper in the list and select it
    Select Uninstall > wait until Windows completely removes FAH from your PC.
    Restart your PC.
    Step 2 — Clean the Registry Editor

Now that you removed the program, you also need to remove any traces or file changes associated with it. To do that, you need to open the Registry Editor.

Go to Start > type “regedit” > launch the Registry Editor
    Locate the following keys and delete them:
    KEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareFile Association Helper
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareFile Association Helper

Step 3 — Check all the hidden files and folders

File Association Helper may have left behind various hidden files and folders. In order to completely remove the software, you can also need to delete these files. Here’s how to do that:

Simply go to Start > type Control Panel > double click the first result to launch Control Panel. On Windows 10, you can also type “Show hidden files and folder” in the search box. Then simply check Show hidden files, folders and drives and jump straight to step number 3.
    RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix common PC issues and speed up your system
    Go to Folder > select Show Hidden Files and Folders
    Locate the following folders:
    CHow To Keep html files and their associated folder together? :program FilesFile Association Helper
    C*Biggrinocument and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataFile Association Helper
    C*Biggrinocuments and Settings%USER%Application DataFile Association Helper

4. Delete them and then restart your PC.

Step 4 — Empty Temp Folder

The final step is to clean the Temp folder where all the temporary files are stored. To empty the folder, go to Start and type the %temp% command.

This will open the Temp folders. You can now empty them. If the system displays an error message when deleting some files, leave them. The files might be in use by Windows services or some running software.

Step 5 — Use a dedicated tool to remove software leftovers

After you performed all the steps listed above, you have removed 99.9% of all the files and folders left behind by File Association Helper. However, there may be a few file that escaped your scrutiny. In order to make sure that you have removed all of them, you can also use a dedicated software uninstaller.

These applications are specially designed to remove the selected application along with all of its files and registry entries. As a result, the application will be completely removed from your PC.

There are many great uninstaller tools available on the market, but the best are IOBit Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller so feel free to try any of these tools.

mandoist, May 10, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

HTML Folder

Hi Ed

Please explain this in more detail, what do you want to embed the HTML folder into?

Do you mean you want to save a web page as just one file rather than a HTML file and separate folder?

If that is what you want to do, open the web page in Internet Explorer, then File a-a Save, then set the file type to MHT that will save the web page and associated graphics .. .etc into an MHT file

if that is not what you are trying to do, please explain this in more detail . . .

DaveM121, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How To Keep html files and their associated folder together? - Similar Threads - Keep html files

2. How to group file by type including files in folder and sub-folder together unfolder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to group file by type including files in folder and sub-folder together unfolder: As my topic I can do it easy from my old labtop also windows 10 by right-click and choose <folder>command that is not <folder> in <sort by> or <group by>. It is a command to make all files in folders and sub-folders re-arrange grouped to file type folder e.g. word folder, pdf...
  3. How to group file by type including files in folder and sub-folder together unfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to group file by type including files in folder and sub-folder together unfolder: As my topic I can do it easy from my old labtop also windows 10 by right-click and choose <folder>command that is not <folder> in <sort by> or <group by>. It is a command to make all files in folders and sub-folders re-arrange grouped to file type folder e.g. word folder, pdf...
  4. How to group file by type including files in folder and sub-folder together unfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sort files and folders together

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort files and folders together: I would like to sort files and folders together (alphabetically for example). So after an extensive search, I found plenty of old threads dating from years ago about people trying to achieve the same stuff in Windows Explorer. Examples:...
  6. HTML Folder

HTML Folder: Is there a way to embed a HTML folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-folder/85209f0d-7879-4415-b62a-6a6bad1d05cb
  7. File association registry folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    File association registry folder: I know that I already made a post related to this one, but after I marked a reply as an answer, no one was replying to it, so here's another post Basically, I have a laptop with Windows 10 home 64-bit on it, and I have reset it multiple times due to different problems that...
  8. Can't keep file associations

Can't keep file associations: I'm pretty sure this is a 1809 shenanigan but I'll post it anyway. I just made a clean install of Win10 and since the reinstall I can't make the file associations "stick". When I try to open a file that has no association, I can select the program I want to open it with, but...
  9. Can't keep file associations

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't keep file associations: I'm pretty sure this is a 1809 shenanigan but I'll post it anyway. I just made a clean install of Win10 and since the reinstall I can't make the file associations "stick". When I try to open a file that has no association, I can select the program I want to open it with, but...
  10. How to get File Explorer to sort folders and files together?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get File Explorer to sort folders and files together?: Currently I can only get all folders sorted and then all files sorted. I'd like to get them to sort together. Specifically this is for my Movies drive, which has thousands of films... most are in folders, but some are just files. I searched here and elsewhere, but did not...