Windows 10: How to keep Internet connection when Windows is sleeping

Discus and support How to keep Internet connection when Windows is sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I use Remote Desktop,I need to keep Internet connection when Windows is sleeping. I need to connect my computer.My computer is in my room and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JimZhou1, Feb 13, 2019.

1. JimZhou1 Win User

How to keep Internet connection when Windows is sleeping

Hi,

I use Remote Desktop,I need to keep Internet connection when Windows is sleeping.

I need to connect my computer.My computer is in my room and it is too loud,So I don't want it keep open.When I work,I can't touch my computer easily so I need Romote Desktop to connect it.

My net card is with usb

Thanks!

(My English is not good.见谅)

:)

JimZhou1, Feb 13, 2019

2. Lose Internet Connection after PC Sleeps

Hi Barbara,

To assist you with the issue, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1. Checking network connection.

• Let your computer sleep and wake it up.
    • Once you see that there is no connection, right click on the Network connection.
    • Choose Troubleshoot problems.
    Get the details of the error and capture the message that will prompt on your screen. It will automatically fix and reset your TCP/IP configuration

Step 2. Running SCF scan.

• Press Win+X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command prompt (admin).
    • Type the command sfc /scannow.
    Get the details of the scan.

Are you having issue accessing the internet on other devices?

Looking forward to your reply.

Angelo Bar, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Wi-Fi looses internet connection after waking up from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I apologize for the delay in response. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device), try to wake up the computer from sleep mode and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: As you are losing the internet connection after waking up from sleep mode, I suggest you to boot the computer to safe mode, try to wakeup the computer from sleep mode in Safe mode with networking and check if there is any issue with
    internet connection.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 13, 2019
  4. How to keep Internet connection when Windows is sleeping

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

How to keep Internet connection when Windows is sleeping

1. How to keep Internet connection when Windows is sleeping - Similar Threads - keep Internet connection

2. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  3. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  4. internet connection keeps interrupting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection keeps interrupting: Im playing games and my internet keeps in dropping. I get fps and ping that will make my game disconnected everytime. It didnt happen before. I have a stable network connection connected in wired....
  5. Keep Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Internet Connection: My computer has issues where it can’t stay connected to the internet, and when it can, it’s very slow. My router is right outside my door, yet my computer can’t connect very well. When I do have internet, I only have 2 bars. I have a Windows 10 desktop....
  6. Keep Internet Connection

Keep Internet Connection: My computer has issues where it can’t stay connected to the internet, and when it can, it’s very slow. My router is right outside my door, yet my computer can’t connect very well. When I do have internet, I only have 2 bars. I have a Windows 10 desktop....
  7. Keep Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.

Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.: I've already read a lot of responses but my problem is I dont have a power manager tab to control the driver. I attached a picture of what I see. If someone could tell me which icon to click on or if I am just doing something wrong that would be great! I am using a Surface...
  9. Internet keeps disconnecting on sleep

Internet keeps disconnecting on sleep: Hi No matter what I do and define, the internet connection still breaks when the computer gets into sleep mode. I changed in the power plan settings and even the group policy (see attached). The latter made the power settings to be disabled on "enabled" meaning it...
  10. how to Keep the wifi connection when there is a problem in the internet connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to Keep the wifi connection when there is a problem in the internet connection?: Hello Windows 10 cuts the connection to the wifi router automatically when there is a problem in the internet connection... how to stop that ? Because I have unstable internet connection and the local network throw wifi is important for me I have many PCs use it (Printers...