Windows 10: How to keep laptop from signing out after shutting down device Windows 10

Discus and support How to keep laptop from signing out after shutting down device Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I shut down my laptop, it logs me out of the device. How can I stop this from happening?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by YacintaF, Jan 30, 2020.

1. YacintaF Win User

How to keep laptop from signing out after shutting down device Windows 10

When I shut down my laptop, it logs me out of the device. How can I stop this from happening?

:)

YacintaF, Jan 30, 2020
  2. OneMoar Win User

Occasional BSOD while shut down (Windows 10)

sounds like some app or device not unloading cleanly
    @Kursah he said DURNING SHUT DOWN AND ONLY DURING SHUTDOWN
    none of your suggestions are relevant if thats true

open blue screen view and look at the top 5 or 10 entries that should give you a idea on what device is mis-behaving

OneMoar, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

1. How to keep laptop from signing out after shutting down device Windows 10 - Similar Threads - keep laptop signing

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keeps Shutting Down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop Keeps Shutting Down Unexpectedly: Hi there!I've been having issues with my laptop lately, which keeps unexpectedly shutting down frequently encountering the BsoD for reasons I'm unable to determine. It started happening around the 13th of April, following a Windows 10 update. I put it down to the KB5025221...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Keeps Shutting Down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop Keeps Shutting Down Unexpectedly: Hi there!I've been having issues with my laptop lately, which keeps unexpectedly shutting down frequently encountering the BsoD for reasons I'm unable to determine. It started happening around the 13th of April, following a Windows 10 update. I put it down to the KB5025221...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Keeps Shutting Down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Keep Randomly Shutting My Computer Down To Sign Out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Keep Randomly Shutting My Computer Down To Sign Out: I have had my computer for a few months and it just started randomly restarting to sign out. This happens at least every day, 1-2 times probably. I'm not sure why this is happening as I haven't downloaded anything or gone to weird websites in this time. I ran a malware scan...
  6. Windows 10 keeps shutting down after lockscreen

Windows 10 keeps shutting down after lockscreen: Hello, I have a freshly installed windows 10 on my hdd. It went fine for a few weeks. Suddenly while I was in a game my pc shut down. I tried to turn it on it would have this disc check, scan and repairing drive on boot. Then it’ll have a “please wait” loading screen until I...
  7. My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it: My laptop fully shuts down when i shut its lid/screen... is there anyway to fix it? Model : X441BA Asus computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-fully-shuts-downsigns-me-out-when-i-shut/9d6407e3-5227-4393-a170-704e5e3135b2
  8. My device keeps Shutting Down

My device keeps Shutting Down: I'm not sure if this is an external or internal issue, but today, my laptop kept shutting down unexpectedly. All of a sudden, the screen would just turn black and when I try to press the power button, nothing turns on. I would have to keeps pressing it for it to turn on. This...
  9. After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down: after installing the latest update, my laptop wont stay powered on. Most of the time i power it up and it turns off after a few seconds. Sometimes it will show the MSI logo and go a little further, but it still powers off. It made it to the “windows is installing...
  10. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down): I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically signs in again. Usually this only happens once but sometimes it repeats a second time. The accounts are local accounts. Any...