Windows 10: How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent

Discus and support How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been having some Internet issues at my new school. A while back, a friend set my laptop to "use the following DNS server addresses" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michaelt, Jul 24, 2019.

1. michaelt Win User

How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent

Hi all,

I have been having some Internet issues at my new school. A while back, a friend set my laptop to "use the following DNS server addresses" and put in the Google DNS addresses (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Apparently, these don't work on this school's Internet. Whenever I switch back to "obtain DNS server address automatically", I'm able to access the Internet, but I have to go through this process every day. It's not a huge deal once or twice, but doing this every day for the next five years would be quite annoying.

I've already reset the TCP/IP, which worked temporarily yesterday, but today it has reverted back to its old ways. I don't seem to have any viruses, as I had a scan done a few days ago, and I haven't been having any other issues with my laptop. For what it's worth, I've been doing all this in IPv4.

Thanks in advance for the help How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent :)

:)

michaelt, Jul 24, 2019

2. DNS Server Address

Hello there,

I want to ask a question, What Happen if i change my DNS Server Addresses into
    Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties(on my router properties). I was using my default router DNS Server Address then i changed it into Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically.
    Because when i was using my router DNS Server i cant browse on any Internet Browser. Now i changed my setting into Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically, now i can browse like usual. But. Will it affected with my router provider ? Or Do you have any others
    fix to make me can browse on internet without changing that DNS Settings.

Arya Pradata, Jul 24, 2019
  3. DELTA4894 Win User
    TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets

Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, 2018-07 OS Build 17134.167 (KB4345421) on multiple machines with 8 Mgb + memory.

Uverse Pace to Linksys EA 4500 to Server 2016 Essentials Network with a domain.

DHCP on Router 192.168.100.254

DNS Server 192.168.100.10

Five desktops and I have lost count of laptops.

Ethernet (or WIFI) Properties, TCP/Iv6 disabled

TCP/Iv4 Properties, General- Obtain an IP address automatically, Obtain DNS server address automatically

Second setting arbitrarily resets to
    Use the following DNS server addresses : Preferred DNS Server 192.168.100.10

WIFI laptops connect to WIFI but often with the orange asterisk (Not connected to INTERNET)

I ran the MS malware checker with no hits, No "funny" programs running.

This all probably started with KB4338819 (2018-07a for 1803)

Something is resetting the Obtain DNS server address automatically.

Any ideas?

Are we "working on this"? It is not my imagination. Others have the same problem.

On the "Can not find other computers on the network question", the DNS returned for the computer name is often not the DNS on the system.

If I check where Linksys says that computer name is, I can ping and view files at will.

Often, if I look under the computer name, it pings some other address.

Thank you

DELTA4894, Jul 24, 2019
  4. How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent

DNS Server Address

I am having issues with losing internet connection while browsing out of nowhere when my router and modem are working just fine. I am wondering if enabling this option to Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically will also help me as the error message I am
    getting (using Google Chrome) DNS Server finished_no_internet connection and have to restart my computer just to get internet back and it happens again about 30 min later. I recently updated to Windows 10..... Another issue may be related.....not reading
    my iphone with connecting USB...

Just took the steps to check this option. It's already set to obtain address automatically. Any other advice? Options? Ideas? I was on the phone with Microsoft for 3 hours last night and they couldn't help. She did some computer scan. Still having issues....Help
    please! TIA

Twins2Love, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent

1. How to keep "obtain DNS server address automatically" permanent - Similar Threads - keep obtain DNS

2. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  3. DNS Server address changes automatically to 127.0.0.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Server address changes automatically to 127.0.0.1: Hi,On my Windows 10 PC, DNS server address keep changing to 127.0.0.1, in spite of customizing it. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-address-changes-automatically-to-127001/d1dfcb8a-df98-4d9b-be07-764b2f171820
  4. DNS Server address changes automatically to 127.0.0.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Server address changes automatically to 127.0.0.1: Hi,On my Windows 10 PC, DNS server address keep changing to 127.0.0.1, in spite of customizing it. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-address-changes-automatically-to-127001/d1dfcb8a-df98-4d9b-be07-764b2f171820
  5. DNS Server address changes automatically to 127.0.0.1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. I cannot set my network to "Obtain DNS server address automatically"

I cannot set my network to "Obtain DNS server address automatically": I cannot connect to my university network because I need my adaptor set to "Obtain DNS server address automatically". Every time I change it, it keeps resetting to "Use the following server addresses" 127.0.0.2 Any advice would be much appreciated....
  7. How to make obtaining DNS automatically and user preferred DNS work at the same time?

How to make obtaining DNS automatically and user preferred DNS work at the same time?: Hi all, I customized my preferred DNS server to 1.1.1.1 and alternate 8.8.8.8. However, when I connect to the campus WiFi of my university, the student account validation page cannot be resolved because it only exists in the intranet. I changed the DNS setting to "Obtain a...
  8. TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets

TCP/IPv4 Obtain server address automatically resets: Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, 2018-07 OS Build 17134.167 (KB4345421) on multiple machines with 8 Mgb + memory. Uverse Pace to Linksys EA 4500 to Server 2016 Essentials Network with a domain. DHCP on Router 192.168.100.254 DNS Server 192.168.100.10 Five desktops and I have...
  9. Server DNS address could not be found

Server DNS address could not be found: Hi, yesterday, after the most recent windows 10 update, my laptops wifi kept disconnecting every five minutes and getting the server DNS address could not be found error. Re-connecting wifi helps, but only for 5 or so minutes. Scanned for viruses, didn't find anything....
  10. DNS Settings can not be modifi,revert back to obtain DNS automatically

DNS Settings can not be modifi,revert back to obtain DNS automatically: Hello, When I change "Use the following DNS server addresses:" under: Network connections -> Properties -> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and try to set it to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS), press OK and close, settings are saved but revert back to "Obtain DNS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to keep obtain dns server address automatically

2. How do I keep TCP/IPv4 settings on obtain DNS server address automatically

3. set mac to automatically obtain dns server info

4. obtain dns server automatically not getting permanent