Windows 10: How to keep OneDrive from taking over

Discus and support How to keep OneDrive from taking over in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just used a debloater script that uninstalled One Drive from my computer and in Win. 10 in the absence of One Drive, how would i prevent it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leis, Jan 3, 2020.

1. leis Win User

How to keep OneDrive from taking over

I have just used a debloater script that uninstalled One Drive from my computer and in Win. 10 in the absence of One Drive, how would i prevent it from becoming the preferred way i save my documents or files or pics. or anything else that it seemed to store automatically? Because my take is, it may be reverted back to obtaining the One drive automatically if i don't choose where to save my files, if this makes any clarity (at all)? IN other words, I thought that I had it uninstalled before and it suddenly had reappeared and I'm trying to learn this part of the software so bear with, but it's a little confusing.

:)

leis, Jan 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 3, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How to keep OneDrive from taking over - Similar Threads - keep OneDrive taking

2. Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?: I do not want to delete onedrive, but I had to reinstall windows and now when I install, for example, steam, I get OneDrive taking over the Documents folder, so I try to install games and they start being uploaded to onedrive, I want that to stopPrevious the reinstallation,...
  3. Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?: I do not want to delete onedrive, but I had to reinstall windows and now when I install, for example, steam, I get OneDrive taking over the Documents folder, so I try to install games and they start being uploaded to onedrive, I want that to stopPrevious the reinstallation,...
  4. How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?: The latest intel graphics card version for me is 31.0.101.2111 but windows update keeps trying to install the previous driver version over and over. I have tried hiding the updates, blocking them, pausing the update, etc. but windows still keeps on reverting my graphics card...
  5. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  6. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  7. Taking over the ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Keyboard takes over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard takes over: I rec'd new laptop with Win 10 less than a wk ago. Past 3 days, when I start to type in a fill field, before I can type, I get: --------------------------------------- or //////////////////// or ******************************* Only a restart clears it. Help?...
  9. "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop: In December my laptop windows 10 would not boot up. I sent it in for repair. Basically all they did was a factory reset. Prior to sending it in the tech used pc help to take control of my laptop to try to fix it. Now that I have it back when it sits idle for several minutes...
  10. Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Is your Print Screen Hotkey not working? Maybe OneDrive or some other program has taken it over. If you cannot set a Hotkey & you see a message, The hotkey is in use by another program, Do you want to [...] This post Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop onedrive from taking over

2. one drive taking over my pc

3. how to keep one drive inactive

4. stop onedrive taking over computer,
  5. where sre my documents why is my onedrive taking over,
  6. how to stop one drive taking over your computer