Windows 10: How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON?

Discus and support How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A lot of the work I do involves watching processes go from 0% to 100%. I need to keep screens ON and active to monitor the progress and maybe make a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GusNV, Sep 28, 2020.

1. GusNV Win User

How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON?

A lot of the work I do involves watching processes go from 0% to 100%. I need to keep screens ON and active to monitor the progress and maybe make a few clicks here and there, but at the same time I'd like to protect my monitors/TVs.

Is there any way to achieve this? For example, enabling the 'Bubbles' screensaver (transparent mode) and working at the same time?

I primarily use Win10x64 (2004) but a solution that also works for Win7 would be great.

Thanks in advance.

:)

GusNV, Sep 28, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON? :)

terrace, Sep 28, 2020
  3. ttbb64 Win User
    Will Windows 10 Allow Transparent Screensavers to work ?

Will Windows 10 Allow Transparent Screensavers to work , as in Windows 7 and before . Windows 8 does not allow transparent screensavers to work .

ttbb64, Sep 28, 2020
  4. How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON?

Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON?

1. How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON? - Similar Threads - keep screen active

2. Screensaver Dimming Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver Dimming Screen: I just got an Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop with Windows 11, and I added my favorite screensaver to it. However, whenever it turns on, the brightness turns all the way down. This happens if it is plugged in or not. It only happens if it is natural, not if I use the test...
  3. Screensaver Dimming Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver Dimming Screen: I just got an Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop with Windows 11, and I added my favorite screensaver to it. However, whenever it turns on, the brightness turns all the way down. This happens if it is plugged in or not. It only happens if it is natural, not if I use the test...
  4. Screensaver while working on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver while working on PC: Hi, could anyone help me, please? Situation is this (in short). I have two large monitors connected to my tiny laptop. Is there any possibility to turn on some sort of screensaver at the laptop's built-in display when I don't use it during the work? Lowering the brightness...
  5. How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON?: A lot of the work I do involves watching processes go from 0% to 100%. I need to keep screens ON and active to monitor the progress and maybe make a few clicks here and there, but at the same time I'd like to protect my monitors/TVs. Is there any way to achieve this? For...
  6. How do I make the bubbles screensaver transparent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make the bubbles screensaver transparent?: I know that apparently Windows removed the settings to customize your screensavers (make them transparent, etc.) for some reason. So now my screensaver is bubbles over a solid colour. But is there any other possible way to make it transparent? submitted by /u/kiwi-_-bird...
  7. screensaver activates in windows 10

screensaver activates in windows 10: How do I increase the amount of time before my screensaver activates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-activates-in-windows-10/e48a4338-c980-4686-8b32-31c092d04660
  8. Screen keeps transparent print of closed apps for a while.

Screen keeps transparent print of closed apps for a while.: My PC keeps transparent marks of running or closed apps for a while. It even keeps the marks in the time of shatdown. I reinstall my window 10 but still facing the same problem. Is a problem of OS or hardware. What should I do to avoid this priblem....
  9. How to change a screensavers posistion on screen.

How to change a screensavers posistion on screen.: Hi, Here's my issue, using windows 10 pro (1809). And my setup is laptop screen on the left, 16:9 screen on the right (This is set as main display). Changing main display or which way round the screen is not a solution for this issue. So when in single screen using either...
  10. Transparent/Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent/Screen: I get this when I click on the login button. It's kinda of cool but maybe a bug. 10041 [img] 4868