Windows 10: How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON?

Discus and support How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A lot of the work I do involves watching processes go from 0% to 100%. I need to keep screens ON and active to monitor the progress and maybe make a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GusNV, Oct 28, 2020.

1. GusNV Win User

How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON?

A lot of the work I do involves watching processes go from 0% to 100%. I need to keep screens ON and active to monitor the progress and maybe make a few clicks here and there, but at the same time I'd like to protect my monitors/TVs.

Is there any way to achieve this? For example, enabling the 'Bubbles' screensaver (transparent mode) and working at the same time?

I primarily use Win10x64 (2004) but a solution that also works for Win7 would be great.

Thanks in advance.

:)

GusNV, Oct 28, 2020
  2. GusNV Win User

A lot of the work I do involves watching processes go from 0% to 100%. I need to keep screens ON and active to monitor the progress and maybe make a few clicks here and there, but at the same time I'd like to protect my monitors/TVs.

Is there any way to achieve this? For example, enabling the 'Bubbles' screensaver (transparent mode) and working at the same time?

I primarily use Win10x64 (2004) but a solution that also works for Win7 would be great.

Thanks in advance.

GusNV, Oct 28, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON? :)

terrace, Oct 28, 2020
  4. ttbb64 Win User

Will Windows 10 Allow Transparent Screensavers to work ?

Will Windows 10 Allow Transparent Screensavers to work , as in Windows 7 and before . Windows 8 does not allow transparent screensavers to work .

ttbb64, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON? - Similar Threads - keep screen active

2. I have screensaver to work on everyday computer use, but how to enable it to activate while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have screensaver to work on everyday computer use, but how to enable it to activate while...: I would like screensaver to kick in, even while something is streaming on YouTube, any help is appreciated, windows 11 2024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-screensaver-to-work-on-everyday-computer/effac115-5e37-4d91-b00e-9082f643face
  3. I have screensaver to work on everyday computer use, but how to enable it to activate while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have screensaver to work on everyday computer use, but how to enable it to activate while...: I would like screensaver to kick in, even while something is streaming on YouTube, any help is appreciated, windows 11 2024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-screensaver-to-work-on-everyday-computer/effac115-5e37-4d91-b00e-9082f643face
  4. Screensaver while working on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver while working on PC: Hi, could anyone help me, please? Situation is this (in short). I have two large monitors connected to my tiny laptop. Is there any possibility to turn on some sort of screensaver at the laptop's built-in display when I don't use it during the work? Lowering the brightness...
  5. How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to keep screen active while transparent screensaver is ON?: A lot of the work I do involves watching processes go from 0% to 100%. I need to keep screens ON and active to monitor the progress and maybe make a few clicks here and there, but at the same time I'd like to protect my monitors/TVs. Is there any way to achieve this? For...
  6. How do I make the bubbles screensaver transparent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make the bubbles screensaver transparent?: I know that apparently Windows removed the settings to customize your screensavers (make them transparent, etc.) for some reason. So now my screensaver is bubbles over a solid colour. But is there any other possible way to make it transparent? submitted by /u/kiwi-_-bird...
  7. screensaver activates in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    screensaver activates in windows 10: How do I increase the amount of time before my screensaver activates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-activates-in-windows-10/e48a4338-c980-4686-8b32-31c092d04660
  8. Screen keeps transparent print of closed apps for a while.

Screen keeps transparent print of closed apps for a while.: My PC keeps transparent marks of running or closed apps for a while. It even keeps the marks in the time of shatdown. I reinstall my window 10 but still facing the same problem. Is a problem of OS or hardware. What should I do to avoid this priblem....
  9. How to change a screensavers posistion on screen.

How to change a screensavers posistion on screen.: Hi, Here's my issue, using windows 10 pro (1809). And my setup is laptop screen on the left, 16:9 screen on the right (This is set as main display). Changing main display or which way round the screen is not a solution for this issue. So when in single screen using either...
  10. Transparent/Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent/Screen: I get this when I click on the login button. It's kinda of cool but maybe a bug. 10041 [img] 4868