Windows 10: How to keep slideshow working ?

Discus and support How to keep slideshow working ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Often the desktop is just the solid color I chose, rather than the slideshow. It seems that just opening 'Personalize; background' is enough of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Aug 9, 2019.

1. How to keep slideshow working ?

Often the desktop is just the solid color I chose, rather than the slideshow. It seems that just opening 'Personalize; background' is enough of a trigger to start it again. How can I get it to continue without my intervention ?

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Aug 9, 2019

2. Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Aug 9, 2019
  4. TerriXT Win User

How to keep slideshow working ?

WINDOWS 10 SLIDESHOW

Hi:

I love the slideshow and followed the steps posted to reestablish, however, I am still not getting the feature. I am using Google Chrome to launch. Does the slideshow not work using Google Chrome?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

TerriXT, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

How to keep slideshow working ?

1. How to keep slideshow working ? - Similar Threads - keep slideshow working

2. Wallpaper slideshow doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper slideshow doesn't work!: Hello! I am having trouble with wallpaper slideshow not working. I'm not entirely sure what is going on but the wallpaper refuses to change under normal circumstances. I have the interval set at 10 minutes and it has been over 30 minutes and it is still the same wall paper....
  3. Wallpaper slideshow not working as expected

Wallpaper slideshow not working as expected: I have a folder of wallpapers which I have set as a slideshow. However, when I set it to change every 1 day, it keeps changing every 1 hour. Restarting my laptop, temporarily disabling the slideshow feature, and changing the time intervals doesn't seem to solve this...
  4. Lock Screen slideshow not working

Lock Screen slideshow not working: I have seen this question asked many times over the 4 years since Windows 10 came out. Those questions are now locked so I'm asking again - I have tried many different "solutions" to this problem and the best I have managed is a manual workaround. When the laptop is left,...
  5. Slideshow will no longer work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Slideshow will no longer work: I have the slideshow option enabled and a folder of pictures selected for it. It will not work even though it was working yesterday. None of the settings have changed, it just decided not to work anymore all of a sudden....
  6. Desktop Slideshow not working?

Desktop Slideshow not working?: Oddly enough it seemed to work before with the default picture set, but when I tried to set it to a folder in my OneDrive it doesn't switch over, and not even any other folder works. Slideshow lists two folders (pictures, OneDrive desktop) but they are both greyed out and...
  7. Slideshow not working....

Slideshow not working....: hi guys, one of the 4 pc's with Windows 10 on it gives me problems with the slideshow. Strange because on the other computers (no inside fast install) and mine it works perfect. Everytime, at a given moment the slideshow restarts at best. On the other hand, it stops...
  8. Lockscreen slideshow does not work

Lockscreen slideshow does not work: When I set my pc to show a slideshow on the lock screen after a few minutes of inactivity, it shows only one default picture instead of the pictures in the folder it is configured to use. If I look in the settings, there is some red text that says "You need more than one...
  9. How to Pause a Slideshow in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Pause a Slideshow in OneDrive: OneDrive has a useful slideshow feature but there seems to be no way of slowing down the display speed or pausing the display. Am I missing something or is this another product where MS failed to consider how their product would be used? 61601
  10. Background slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Background slideshow not working: I have a background slideshow in operation, inherited from Windows 7 when I changed to Windows 10. I know how to personalise the background, but the slideshow does not work when I select a folder other than the one I inherited, even when there are suitable background pictures...