Windows 10: How to keep the taskbar icons visible? Windows 10

Discus and support How to keep the taskbar icons visible? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I hover over a taskbar icon, I want to see the preview list of open objects until I move the mouse away. With the present settings the icons hides... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FlarRS, Sep 16, 2020.

1. FlarRS Win User

How to keep the taskbar icons visible? Windows 10

When I hover over a taskbar icon, I want to see the preview list of open objects until I move the mouse away. With the present settings the icons hides after a second or two.

:)

FlarRS, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 16, 2020
  3. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Notification icons visibility dependet on taskbar width?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It is very unusual that you the Notification icons doesn’t show up in the system tray properly. I have tried to reproduce the same on my computer with 13 icons in the system tray and I was able to see all the 13 icons with the minimum width of the
    Taskbar.

As this is not working in your case, we would like to know the details requested below:

• Which version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

However, we can try few troubleshooting steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Update display drivers

I suggest you to try updating display drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Change display resolution

I would suggest you to try changing the display resolution and see if the all notification icons are visible. To change the resolution go to
    Start >> Settings >> System >> Display.

Method 3: Re-register Start Menu and Taskbar

Try re-registering the Start Menu by using PowerShell commands and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit
      Enter
      to re-register Start Menu: Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    3. Restart the PC.

Method 4: New User account

Create a new user account to isolate the issue related to user account corruption. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to install all the pending updates on the computer. Go to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> Check for updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. How to keep the taskbar icons visible? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - keep taskbar icons

2. How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?: I was looking at some videos on Windows 11 and saw that on Windows 11, there were indicators that became small and big. I was wondering how to make it so that Windows 10 indicators just stay put no matter if the app is maximized....
  3. How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?: I was looking at some videos on Windows 11 and saw that on Windows 11, there were indicators that became small and big. I was wondering how to make it so that Windows 10 indicators just stay put no matter if the app is maximized....
  4. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  5. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  6. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How get hidden taskbar icons to always show in visible taskbar?

How get hidden taskbar icons to always show in visible taskbar?: I like my Passport icon to always show down in the visible taskbar area instead of having to use the up arrow(^) to see it in the hidden area. How can I always lock it to the visible area whenever I plug in the passport? Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.928 179441
  8. MS To Do icon on taskbar not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    MS To Do icon on taskbar not visible: I have the MS To Do app on my desktop. When I start To Do space is allocated on the Task Bar for the icon but the icon is not visible. Similarly if I pin the app to the task Bar. The icon is from a .ico file that I downloaded from the web and is blue with a white tick, but...
  9. pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible

pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible: hi there, after an update my pinned icons in the taskbar like windows explorer, internet explorer, and pinned icons like chrome and other stuff which is present on the left-hand bottom as u know are not visible only Cortana and start menu icon and search icon is...
  10. Recent items not visible under Windows 10 Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 News
    Recent items not visible under Windows 10 Taskbar icons: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It’s quite possible that you are working simultaneously on many files and documents together and therefore require to visit them regularly to incorporate changes if any. However, what if right-clicking these items icons in the Taskbar no longer shows Recent...