Windows 10: How to keep windows defender away from "dummy mode" ?

Discus and support How to keep windows defender away from "dummy mode" ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have some "suspicious files" and defender silently deletes them each time. Is there a way to make it ask me what to do for each suspicious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cemilian, Apr 13, 2021.

1. How to keep windows defender away from "dummy mode" ?

Hello,

I have some "suspicious files" and defender silently deletes them each time. Is there a way to make it ask me what to do for each suspicious file?

That is really annoying. I don't have any other antivirus software yet. Not sure if I really need one...

submitted by /u/Cemilian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cemilian, Apr 13, 2021

2. Windows Defender automatically disabled

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the Windows Defender works.

Method 1:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Try to
    run the Windows Defender in safe mode

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender.
    • Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • It may prompts you to enter the password.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, place the computer in normal mode and check for the Windows Defender services.

Step 1: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Once you are in normal mode, I suggest you to check for the
    Windows Defender services.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter
    • Search for Windows Defender, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    • Do the same for Windows Defender Network Inspection Service.
    • Now check if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Apr 13, 2021
  4. How to keep windows defender away from "dummy mode" ?

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

How to keep windows defender away from "dummy mode" ?

1. How to keep windows defender away from "dummy mode" ? - Similar Threads - keep defender away

2. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  3. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  4. Dummy hidden window

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dummy hidden window: When I was shutting down my computer today, it said that an app called dummy hidden window was stopping my computer from shutdown. What is dummy hidden window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/dummy-hidden-window/180c134d-81ad-4f37-a554-2b5b511bdea4
  5. How to change ownership away from TrustedInstaller for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change ownership away from TrustedInstaller for Windows Defender: I don't know how to change the ownership away from Trusted Installer to Admin for Windows Defender. I right-clicked on Windows Defender folder, click on properties, clicked on Security Tab, clicked on Advanced and click on Change next to Owner. Normally a window would pop up...
  6. Windows 10 for dummies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 for dummies: Curious to know if there is by chance some tutorials for the "computer illiterate". Tutorials about Windows 10, how to use ALL it's features (not the basic, Welcome to windows tour), an advanced tutorial. Also looking for one on being the windows admin. For example,...
  7. Im A Dummy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Im A Dummy: So the other night my laptop which is an HP touchscreen 15.6 in whatever I don't know the rest of the stuff some but the internet on it stops working It wouldn't connect to Wi-Fi I decide to do a factory reset I factory reset it and it boots back up and when it does it gives...
  8. how to get back a file taken away by windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to get back a file taken away by windows defender: how to get back a file taken away by windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-get-back-a-file-taken-away-by-windows/03e26367-a6ef-45cd-88cd-644aa855fdf6
  9. Windows "Away Mode" is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows "Away Mode" is not working: Hello, I'm trying to make "Away mode" to work in windows 10. I already followed the Tutorial, which explains how to add the "Allow Away Mode Policy". I enabled it. Also under Multimedia settings --> when sharing media , i chose "allow the computer to enter away mode" ....
  10. Away Mode issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Away Mode issue: Hi, Thank you for this great and impressive forum and site. I'm using WMC to record TV broadcasts but in Windows 10 when the computer (Dell XPS 8900) wakes from sleep to carry out a scheduled recording it doesn't go into Away Mode as the monitor turns on. This didn't...