Windows 10: How to Keep Windows from Automatic Restart After Updates

Discus and support How to Keep Windows from Automatic Restart After Updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would think this would be easy to find an answer to, but so far, I've had trouble. Our situation is we're using a windows 10 laptop to power a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thutch_876, Feb 23, 2021.

1. How to Keep Windows from Automatic Restart After Updates

I would think this would be easy to find an answer to, but so far, I've had trouble. Our situation is we're using a windows 10 laptop to power a laboratory instrument. We absolutely cannot have Windows forcing a restart when user is logged on. The laptop is standalone i.e. not attached to a domain. I've attempted to use local group policy settings to force Windows to prompt for restart only, but those do not seem to have any effect. We're producing many of these instruments, so I need a durable solution for our customers. We cannot use the standard delay function offered in settings. These things can run for 24 hours continuously for days. We don't mind a nagging prompt to force the customer to eventually deal with it, but we absolutely can't have it auto-restart.

We're open to other licenses of Windows rather than the standard retail version within reason, if that's the only way around it. Please help me understand what the right path is to getting this done right.

:)

thutch_876, Feb 23, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 23, 2021
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 23, 2021
  4. jbunch07 Win User

How to Keep Windows from Automatic Restart After Updates

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to Keep Windows from Automatic Restart After Updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

How to Keep Windows from Automatic Restart After Updates

1. How to Keep Windows from Automatic Restart After Updates - Similar Threads - Keep Automatic Restart

2. Stop automatic restart after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop automatic restart after windows update: I am running windows server 2019 datacenter edition. How can I stop my servers being restarted automatically after windows update based on active hours setting. Is there any way to stop or change this behavior...
  3. Stop automatic restart after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop automatic restart after windows update: I am running windows server 2019 datacenter edition. How can I stop my servers being restarted automatically after windows update based on active hours setting. Is there any way to stop or change this behavior...
  4. How to stop automatic restart for update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  5. Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates: I need a way to disable automatic restarts on Windows 10 Home. Setting active hours does not work. I have engineering programs that run on my system 24/7 and I'm tired of losing data because I come back in the morning to find that my computer randomly restarted during the...
  6. How to disable automatic restarts after updates completely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable automatic restarts after updates completely?: First of all: Sorry to bring this up again, I'm sure this question probably gets asked a lot. But somehow I haven't found a working solution (or done something wrong). What I want is to completely prevent my PC from automatically restarting, only restart when I explicitly say...
  7. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  8. Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates: Since the updates (apparently released or at least installed yesterday evening 8PM PA time), my computer automatically restarts once every hour or so. What is strange is that this only occurs if I am watching a particular Streaming Service (Disney Plus) on Chrome. I thought...
  9. Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update

Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update: Hi, I've searched, but not found a satisfactory answer. I need to stop windows from automatically restating. As far as I can tell, Windows 10 will automatically restart after updates, and I totally understand it's to force uses to be upto date and therefore safer....
  10. How to stop windows from restarting automatically

How to stop windows from restarting automatically: This is becoming a big issue for me - I have lots of windows open like spreadsheets, documents, web pages, etc. I never shut my computer off but at night, windows keeps rebooting my machine and I'm losing a lot of work. It seems to be getting worse - rebooting more often of...