Windows 10: How to keep Windows from shrinking all windows when running games or programs at lower...

Discus and support How to keep Windows from shrinking all windows when running games or programs at lower... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys. So this is an issue I've had with my XPS 15 with a 4K display for a while now, and searching for this on Google pretty much leads only to one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FreedomManOfGlory, Nov 21, 2019.

1. How to keep Windows from shrinking all windows when running games or programs at lower...

Hey guys. So this is an issue I've had with my XPS 15 with a 4K display for a while now, and searching for this on Google pretty much leads only to one single topic with no solution, and a few unrelated ones for multi monitor setups.

So the issue is that if you run any game or program at a resolution that's lower than the one Windows is running it, all windows that were opened and even those that weren't will get shrunk to the size of that resolution. So since 1080p has a quarter of the amount of total pixels compared to 4K, that means they'll shrink down to that size. All of them, which is very annoying.

So as I'm now thinking about whether to get a 4K display again or not, seeing as for the current XPS the price difference is only 200€ as well, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has found a solution for this issue. Because so far the only solution was to run all games at 4K, which isn't the best choice and the XPS isn't that powerful anyway.

submitted by /u/FreedomManOfGlory
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FreedomManOfGlory, Nov 21, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Nov 28, 2019
  4. How to keep Windows from shrinking all windows when running games or programs at lower...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

How to keep Windows from shrinking all windows when running games or programs at lower...

1. How to keep Windows from shrinking all windows when running games or programs at lower... - Similar Threads - keep shrinking running

2. All audio lowers when people in call or in game speak

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All audio lowers when people in call or in game speak: Hello, I am having an issue with my audio automatically lowering whenever someone speaks, then going back up when everyone is quiet. I have done all the steps in the reply to this thread here...
  3. All audio lowers when people in call or in game speak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All audio lowers when people in call or in game speak: Hello, I am having an issue with my audio automatically lowering whenever someone speaks, then going back up when everyone is quiet. I have done all the steps in the reply to this thread here...
  4. Windows 11 shrink all Gaming Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shrink all Gaming Icons: Hello everyone.I hope there is a Windows expert out there who can help with the following problem described below.Lately I've noticed that all my games have shrunken internal icon images:I have already googled this issue but didn't find any working solution.It is not related...
  5. Windows 11 shrink all Gaming Icons

Windows 11 shrink all Gaming Icons: Hello everyone.I hope there is a Windows expert out there who can help with the following problem described below.Lately I've noticed that all my games have shrunken internal icon images:I have already googled this issue but didn't find any working solution.It is not related...
  6. how to keep program running when minimzed on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to keep program running when minimzed on windows 11?: I have program that i need to trick it that it is not minimized.So it keeps runing in the background, how can i achieve this? Also another question does windows treat minimized programs as open programs? do apps keeps running in full speed when minimized?...
  7. how to keep program running when minimzed on windows 11?

how to keep program running when minimzed on windows 11?: I have program that i need to trick it that it is not minimized.So it keeps runing in the background, how can i achieve this? Also another question does windows treat minimized programs as open programs? do apps keeps running in full speed when minimized?...
  8. how to keep program running when minimzed on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to keep a game running when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to keep a game running when the lid is closed?: I have seen another thread that tells me to go to the power options and select 'Do Nothing'. It works, but it pauses the game which was running. Is there any way to keep the game running?...
  10. Prevent windows resizing when running lower res fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent windows resizing when running lower res fullscreen games: I have a laptop that has two graphics card (Intel Integrated 520 and GeForce 940M G), and not sure if it's the result of the first one, but whenever I run a new game it starts in a very low resolution. Most of the modern games support 1080p (my screen's native resolution),...