Windows 10: how to keep windows picture viewer

Discus and support how to keep windows picture viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With the latest updates, once again, Windows changes from picture viewer to photos. I'm on Win10pro v 200 Any permement way to keep windows from doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mg8t7gn, Oct 31, 2020.

1. mg8t7gn Win User

how to keep windows picture viewer

With the latest updates, once again, Windows changes from picture viewer to photos. I'm on Win10pro v 200 Any permement way to keep windows from doing this or do I have to keep changing it back? thanks. Mark

:)

mg8t7gn, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Homeless Win User

Windows picture and fax viewer slow?

I noticed that my windows picture and fax viewer is sluggishly slow when attempting to view pictures compared to my old computer. After some googling, someone had mentioned that he had to run the windows desktop cleanup tool. Unfortunately for me, I removed that in a custom windows install as I thought I would never need it. I was hoping that someone knew another possible solution to make the picture viewer run at normal speed, or a way to reinstall desktop cleanup wizard.

Homeless, Oct 31, 2020
  3. mdsx1950 Win User
    Picture viewer question.

Hey guys.

I want to know if there is a picture viewer that you can scroll around the picture at its original size with the arrow keys because the Windows 7 photo viewer sucks. *Frown how to keep windows picture viewer :(

In MS Paint you can scroll around the pictures at the original size, but you can't go to the next pic in the folder.

Does anyone know a good picture viewer that can do the above stuff. Thanks. *Toast :toast:

mdsx1950, Oct 31, 2020
  4. how to keep windows picture viewer

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

how to keep windows picture viewer

1. how to keep windows picture viewer - Similar Threads - keep picture viewer

2. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi.After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit"; it zooms to fit only if I press Ctrl+0 or press that option on the top of the image but then the next image is...
  3. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi.After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit"; it zooms to fit only if I press Ctrl+0 or press that option on the top of the image but then the next image is...
  4. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi guys, After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit". Nothing about it in picture viewer options...The auto resize to 100% is very annoying when i watch many...
  5. picture viewer default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    picture viewer default: how do I change the default to view my pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-viewer-default/4b8e5de1-77bd-4195-8669-5d5229acbcd4
  6. Windows 10 picture viewer Slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 picture viewer Slow: I have facing an issue, the windows 10 picture viewer loading very slow, seem like hang. take > 10 mins to load a picture It was happen on the first day i get my new PC.. my harddisk is HDD. beside than open picture slow. the windows File Explorer Win + E it will be...
  7. Customize background color in Windows picture viewer, How?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize background color in Windows picture viewer, How?: Hi. I use Windows picture viewer as my default picture viewer. I noticed after updating W10 to version 1903, that now, the background color that surrounds the picture that we are viewing is in white. I find the white color as background very annoying. I dont recall exactly...
  8. Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.

Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.: When I open a folder with , let's say, 100 photos in it, I click on the first photo and I tap the right arrow to go to the next photo. After a random number of photos, the photos will skip ahead a random amount. Example:I'll open photo 1, then I'll tap the arrow, I'll see...
  9. Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.: When I open a folder with , let's say, 100 photos in it, I click on the first photo and I tap the right arrow to go to the next photo. After a random number of photos, the photos will skip ahead a random amount. Example:I'll open photo 1, then I'll tap the arrow, I'll see...
  10. Classic Picture Viewer

Classic Picture Viewer: The new one is terrible, it's like a phone app or something. Is there a way to get the windows 7 style one back, or something close that that one? 13904