Windows 10: How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10

Discus and support How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers Task Manager not only to understand which program or application is taking how much of the resource, but it allows you to […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 1, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10

WinClub, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10 :)

Naki, Sep 1, 2020
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Sep 1, 2020
  4. How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10

Non-existent process needs killing!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

I would like to inform you that, sometimes task manager doesn't kill the process. It's also possible to kill processes from command line with
    'taskkill'.

taskkill /im process-name /f
    taskkill /pid process-id /f

This can be done by clicking Windows logo+x and selecting Command prompt (admin).

if issue persist, I suggest you to boot in safe mode and check if that helps.

Check the link below to boot in safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10

1. How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - kill Process using

2. How to enable Windows 10 fast startup using the command line

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to enable Windows 10 fast startup using the command line: How to open Fast Startup and Hibernate through the windows command line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-windows-10-fast-startup-using-the/133660f7-cf7e-454d-b3bf-398b2e7ab396
  3. How to run Microsoft Edge using Command line on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to run Microsoft Edge using Command line on Windows 10: If you wish to run the Microsoft Edge browser using the Command Prompt in Windows 10, here is how you can go about it. This post list some useful command-line arguments or switches. [ATTACH] Open Microsoft Edge using Command line To open Microsoft Edge using Command...
  4. How to use Vssadmin command-line to manage VSS in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Vssadmin command-line to manage VSS in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft Windows systems create snapshots or backup copies of files on your hard drive […] This article How to use Vssadmin command-line to manage VSS in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Change Process Priority for running processes using Command line

in Windows 10 News
    Change Process Priority for running processes using Command line: [ATTACH]When you run applications in your Windows system, they all share your processor resources […] This article Change Process Priority for running processes using Command line first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to delete a Service in Windows 10 using Registry or Command-line

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete a Service in Windows 10 using Registry or Command-line: [ATTACH]The Windows Service is a computer process that runs in the background without having a user interaction. It usually gets active when you start your […] This article How to delete a Service in Windows 10 using Registry or Command-line first appeared on...
  7. How to check Battery level using Command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check Battery level using Command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With every new update, Microsoft works on optimizing the battery levels of a computer running Windows 10. If someone wants to check the battery levels of a computer using Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell, it is now possible. This method [...] This post...
  8. Get elevated process list in command line

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get elevated process list in command line: Is there a cmd or powershell command to know if a process (any process) is elevated or not? Or at least a list of running elevated processes with process id? I do know that you can get the list in task manager details page. There is a field called 'Elevated'. But I want...
  9. how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10: Hello friends, Prior to updating to 1803 my headphones/laptop speakers were working just fine. When I connect my USB headphones, audio automatically redirected to headphones but not any more (after updating to 1803). Now, I need to manually disable speakers after connecting...
  10. Kill a Process in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Kill a Process in Windows 10: How to: Kill a Process in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. If you notice a running process is reducing your...