Windows 10: How to kill msmpeng.exe? It uses up to %100 memory on my old laptop.tried almost evertyhing...

Discus and support How to kill msmpeng.exe? It uses up to %100 memory on my old laptop.tried almost evertyhing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/izmircimen [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/izmircimen, Feb 1, 2020.

1. How to kill msmpeng.exe? It uses up to %100 memory on my old laptop.tried almost evertyhing...

/u/izmircimen, Feb 1, 2020

2. MsMpEng using 19 gigabytes of memory

I was programming today when I checked task manager and noticed that MsMpEng was using 19 GIGABYTES of memory

Screenshot

This seems like a memory leak.

I have realtime protection and automatic updating turned off

Explain this, nerds.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

WindowsFan_434, Feb 1, 2020
  3. MsMpEng using 19 gigabytes of memory

Hi,

We acknowledge that you're having issues with MsMpEng.exe using too much memory. This is normally caused by some process conflicting with Windows Defender's real-time protection which is due to a third-party antivirus program.

We suggest checking the post of GreginMich from this
    thread
    to read through the explanation and steps that can possibly resolve your concern.

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Garyw Win User

How to kill msmpeng.exe? It uses up to %100 memory on my old laptop.tried almost evertyhing...

kill dwm.exe windows 10 pro 64bit

I found this link

What is dwm.exe and why is it using so much memory?

With this note: "The steps below only work for Windows Vista and Windows 7. Desktop Windows Manager is not displayed in the Services window on Windows 8 and Windows 10, and therefore cannot be turned off or disabled."

These links have suggestions for improving performance:

dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager High CPU on Windows 10 [Solved] - Driver Easy
    Fix: Dwm.exe issues in Windows 10
    I would start here:

How to kill msmpeng.exe? It uses up to %100 memory on my old laptop.tried almost evertyhing... [​IMG]

Garyw, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

How to kill msmpeng.exe? It uses up to %100 memory on my old laptop.tried almost evertyhing...

1. How to kill msmpeng.exe? It uses up to %100 memory on my old laptop.tried almost evertyhing... - Similar Threads - kill msmpeng exe

2. How to Kill Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Kill Old Laptop: Our town dump takes old computers but without the hard drives. I am not strong enough to use screwdriver to unscrew the screws on the bottom, so I tried both hammering and running over the laptop with my car, to no avail. I have four to dispose of....
  3. How to Kill Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Kill Old Laptop: Our town dump takes old computers but without the hard drives. I am not strong enough to use screwdriver to unscrew the screws on the bottom, so I tried both hammering and running over the laptop with my car, to no avail. I have four to dispose of....
  4. How to Kill Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.: conhost.exe as shown in the screenshot is using high amounts of memory. When I first booted up my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 it was at 2000 MEGABYTES! 2 WHOLE gigabytes of ram...Things I have tried:Step 1: Run the SFC.Click on the Start button, Type CMD.Right click on CMD...
  6. my memory is showing 100% use how to resolve it

in Windows 10 Customization
    my memory is showing 100% use how to resolve it: my memory is showing 100% use how to resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-memory-is-showing-100-use-how-to-resolve-it/ac49b238-1ffa-4b75-b622-770ef0dc0bdc
  7. how can i stop MsMpEng and SmartByteNetworkService from using so much memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i stop MsMpEng and SmartByteNetworkService from using so much memory: my memory is 60% while idle and it is slowing down my pc, mostly msmpeng, but i also dont want to disable windows defender entirely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-msmpeng-and-smartbytenetworkservice/49c419c3-787e-4d1e-bcb2-98a414738030
  8. how to fix 100% disk, 100% memory

in Windows 10 Support
    how to fix 100% disk, 100% memory: My PC runs very lowly frequently, sometimes before I found Lenovo app running from the task manager, ended it, the pc worked normally. Now I don't know which apps make my pc run very slow, and the task manager shows 100% memory, 100% disk. Can somebody help me, please. Thank...
  9. Something taking up almost 100% of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something taking up almost 100% of RAM: I have a problem that causes my RAM to constantly be at 90-97% while I really have 1/16GB in use. Upon opening Task Manager > Performance > Memory. I noticed that my non-paged pool was at 2GB. I tried to enable ClearPageFileAtShutdown, restarted my PC, did not help. I then...
  10. Almost 100% memory use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Almost 100% memory use: So I'm having a problem where almost 100% of my memory is being shown in use anyone else have this problem I'm have problem finding the source any help is appreciated submitted by /u/skelington117 [link] [comments]...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to kill msmpeng

2. how to kill msmpeng.exe