Windows 10: How to kill service thats stuck in stopping?

Discus and support How to kill service thats stuck in stopping? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Under status it just says 'stopping' but i need it to be startet. i cant restart, stop or start it cause its all greyed out. is there a way to kill... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SwagsireDrizzle, Feb 6, 2020.

1. How to kill service thats stuck in stopping?

Under status it just says 'stopping' but i need it to be startet. i cant restart, stop or start it cause its all greyed out.

is there a way to kill it?

submitted by /u/SwagsireDrizzle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SwagsireDrizzle, Feb 6, 2020

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Win 10: Services stuck on starting/stopping, programs not starting

Hi all! I'm facing this issue that is really annoying since I can't find out what is the cause.
    It started about one week ago, I notices some programs were not starting at windows start (ex: Coretemp, Malwarebytes).
    Moreover, the pc always got stuck on the reboot or shutdown screen, saying the system is restarting /shutting down, with the animated icon rotating but without actually rebooting or shutting down.
    Looking on the services list, I've noticed that many services are stuck on starting or terminating, without the ability to terminate or restart them.
    I then proceeded to format. Things were working good then, today, this problem emerged again. Malwarebytes anti malware service is stuck on starting, other services are stuck on terminating. I'm attaching a screen.
    (it's in Italian, "avvio in corso" means it's starting, "arresto in corso" means it is terminating).

How to kill service thats stuck in stopping? [​IMG]

After 30 minutes they're still stuck.
    Programs such as Coretemp (not service) won't even start.
    I really don't know what could be causing all this. Can you help me please?

HellFire90, Feb 6, 2020
  4. sullster Win User

How to kill service thats stuck in stopping?

Wuauserv Corrupt and stuck on stopping

I want to know how to force kill a windows service. wuauserv is stuck in stopping state even after restarting several times. net stop, task manager, and services wont stop it so I need something more aggressive that will force it to die.

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

sullster, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

How to kill service thats stuck in stopping?

1. How to kill service thats stuck in stopping? - Similar Threads - kill service thats

2. Service stuck on stopping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service stuck on stopping: Ok so recently my fingerprint scanner wasn't working so I wanted to stop the windows biometric service and start it again but it said "Stopping" and did not let me click any options to start or stop it....
  3. Service stuck on stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service stuck on stopping: Ok so recently my fingerprint scanner wasn't working so I wanted to stop the windows biometric service and start it again but it said "Stopping" and did not let me click any options to start or stop it....
  4. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  5. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  6. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I kill the Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) process, and stop the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I kill the Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) process, and stop the...: I know that there are many articles about it, and I have read them all, but nothing works. It's using hundreds of megabytes of RAM, which induces my PC to freeze every 30 seconds. Things I have tried: 1) Disabling everything in Windows Defender/Security Center. The process...
  8. What is "Service Host: Network Service" and how do I kill it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is "Service Host: Network Service" and how do I kill it?: I can't close it in task manager without an ominous "doing this will make the computer unstable" but I have no idea what it is or what it's doing, apart from hogging 100% of my internet bandwidth. I hate it. How do I stop this?? Please help. submitted by /u/Dirthara...
  9. How to kill the Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to kill the Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10?: I have tried methods of disabling the software using the registry editor and even using command prompt. But those methods are of no use. They were unable to kill the above mentioned service. I already have an antivirus software installed. I would not bother about the working...
  10. Can't Kill PushtoInstall Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Kill PushtoInstall Service: Sorry about the chosen topic. Couldn't find one that fits. New Dell desktop - Windows 10 Pro. Last week I noticed Windows PushtoInstall Service running. Disabled it in Group Policy Editor. Still shows as a running process in Task Manager. Attempting to End Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Update Orchestrator service stuck stopping