Windows 10: how to kill the thread named 'antimalware servie executable'

Discus and support how to kill the thread named 'antimalware servie executable' in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear there, I found there was a thread named 'antimalware service executable' which always occupies a large memory! How could I kill that? I dont... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexXUE1, Jul 13, 2020.

1. AlexXUE1 Win User

how to kill the thread named 'antimalware servie executable'

Dear there,

I found there was a thread named 'antimalware service executable' which always occupies a large memory! How could I kill that? I dont think its necessary for it to run all the time! Many thanks.

Regards,

Alex

:)

AlexXUE1, Jul 13, 2020

2. Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Antimalware Service Executable High disk usage

Thank you for the update. In that case, try following the steps provided by
    Deepika Gowda
    in this thread that was found helpful in resolving
    similar concern.

Note: Make sure to follow the steps carefully as in contains registry modification. Serious problems may occur if the commands are entered incorrectly.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 13, 2020
  4. how to kill the thread named 'antimalware servie executable'

How to kill "Antimalware Service Executable"

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I already tried doing that and disabling Real Time protection, but the "Antimalware Service Executable" task in Task Manager still appears and takes up a small percentage of my CPU when I'm doing things such as installing new software
    or modifying files. I understand that this is part of Windows, but in Windows 7 you had the option to turn off Windows Defender in Services.mcs and prevent it from starting Antimalware Service Executable. I guess this is not an option with Windows 10?

I do not see why Antimalware Service Executable starts even though Windows Defender is disabled. It doesn't make any sense.

Anyways, what I did so far was I changed permissions for and deleted C:\Program Files\Windows Defender. While this solves the problem temporarily, Windows Update always places Windows Defender back.

Kirill Shilov, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

how to kill the thread named 'antimalware servie executable'

1. how to kill the thread named 'antimalware servie executable' - Similar Threads - kill thread named

2. Antimalware servie executable high cpu usage, dwm.exe. csrss.exe and windows searchhigh gpu...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware servie executable high cpu usage, dwm.exe. csrss.exe and windows searchhigh gpu...: Hello there,I have been recently running into a few problems on my pc. I noticed high cpu usage from Antimalware service Executable, and high gpu usage from dwm.exe and csrss.exe. It only happens if I move my mouse over Icons, or when I scroll trough programms Task manager,...
  3. Antimalware servie executable high cpu usage, dwm.exe. csrss.exe and windows searchhigh gpu...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware servie executable high cpu usage, dwm.exe. csrss.exe and windows searchhigh gpu...: Hello there,I have been recently running into a few problems on my pc. I noticed high cpu usage from Antimalware service Executable, and high gpu usage from dwm.exe and csrss.exe. It only happens if I move my mouse over Icons, or when I scroll trough programms Task manager,...
  4. Antimalware Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Executable: How do I stop this process on my pc. It' is eating up my memory. This is a screenshot without anything/program launched. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-executable/dfb9fd81-1605-4dfa-9b93-fa1199179eee
  5. Antimalware Executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Executable: How do I stop this process on my pc. It' is eating up my memory. This is a screenshot without anything/program launched. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-executable/dfb9fd81-1605-4dfa-9b93-fa1199179eee
  6. Antimalware Executable

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I kill the Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) process, and stop the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I kill the Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) process, and stop the...: I know that there are many articles about it, and I have read them all, but nothing works. It's using hundreds of megabytes of RAM, which induces my PC to freeze every 30 seconds. Things I have tried: 1) Disabling everything in Windows Defender/Security Center. The process...
  8. I want to kill/remove antimalware service executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to kill/remove antimalware service executable: Don't need alternative antivirus. tried with regedit keys DisableAntiSpyware and DisableAntivirus with value 1. tried with local policy edit. My system will always return to previous configuration, and I can't turn it off. How do I kill or remove it. - only acceptable...
  9. How to kill the Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to kill the Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10?: I have tried methods of disabling the software using the registry editor and even using command prompt. But those methods are of no use. They were unable to kill the above mentioned service. I already have an antivirus software installed. I would not bother about the working...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable is killing me.. please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable is killing me.. please help: A few days ago I sat at my computer only to find it burning hot (by far the hottest I’ve ever felt it), as Antimalware Service Executable was sucking nearly all the CPU & Ram. It has been days, I have tried everything I can find and have spent hours trying to fix this issue....