Windows 10: How to know if drive A (SSD) is really faster than drive B (NVME)

Discus and support How to know if drive A (SSD) is really faster than drive B (NVME) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I've got 2 inertnal SSD hard drives being used as part of my music studio, where I'm trying to get the quickest load/read times possible. These... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by orlando1974, Mar 8, 2020.

1. How to know if drive A (SSD) is really faster than drive B (NVME)

Hi, I've got 2 inertnal SSD hard drives being used as part of my music studio, where I'm trying to get the quickest load/read times possible. These drives are not being written to - just read. Upon loading audio samples into my digital instruments, I'm not sure if I can tell a difference between the regular SSD drive and the NMVE one.

Is there a way to see some data/numbers rather than just rely on what I'm perceiving as "not much difference"?

:)

orlando1974, Mar 8, 2020

2. NVME SSD

Tried this, and windows still didn't see the nvme ssd. It was a brand new nvme ssd right out of the box. Nothing works.

AdrianLucke72, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Mar 8, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How to know if drive A (SSD) is really faster than drive B (NVME)

NVME SSD

Hi Adrian

Boot your system into BIOS

Disable CSM / UEFI

Enable Secure Boot

Then the installer should see the NVMe drive

Format the drive

Restart the machine

Enable CSM / UEFI

Disable Secure Boot

The installer should then see the NVME SSD and allow you to install Windows 10 onto that drive . . .

DaveM121, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

How to know if drive A (SSD) is really faster than drive B (NVME)

1. How to know if drive A (SSD) is really faster than drive B (NVME) - Similar Threads - drive SSD really

2. Advice on SSD/NVME Drives for Gaming Laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice on SSD/NVME Drives for Gaming Laptops: Hi, I wondered if anyone would be able to help me regarding the best kind of SSD drives for gaming laptops please for someone who is bad with technology! I have a Lenovo laptop L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL and am using Windows 11, and I'm really low on...
  3. Advice on SSD/NVME Drives for Gaming Laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advice on SSD/NVME Drives for Gaming Laptops: Hi, I wondered if anyone would be able to help me regarding the best kind of SSD drives for gaming laptops please for someone who is bad with technology! I have a Lenovo laptop L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL and am using Windows 11, and I'm really low on...
  4. Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive: This is my first post here. Apologies if I trample over any ettiquettes. I am hopeful that some kind and knowledgable folk may be able to offer some advice!So, I built my 1st PC in Feb 2020 in order to start out experimenting with VR dev. I was/am a beginner in both...
  5. Drive letters A: & B:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive letters A: & B:: Is there any caveat in assigning drive letter "A:" or "B:" to a DVD drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-letters-a-b/0020038d-d43a-443a-b02d-d6a481383d8b
  6. Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?: Windows 10 V2004 Transferring from an older PC to a new computer that has a 1TB SSD. Windows 10 is installed on new PC. Can I (should I) create partitions or artificial "drive" letters or just folders to divide up the space for transfers? 166327
  7. m2 nvme ssd removable drive

m2 nvme ssd removable drive: Hello, I installed m2 ssd nvme in the m2 port on the motherboard. But it appears in the tray as a portable device with the icon "safely remove devices and disks." The same icon as when you insert a flash card into your usb.asus crosshair VI extremessd adata xpg ssx6000...
  8. Opening drive A and B.

Opening drive A and B.: I need more storage space to Update Windows. How do I open Driver space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-drive-a-and-b/8a201534-2cad-4ec4-b4fe-4ddd295b2680
  9. Is Macrium CBT useful on an NVMe SSD drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is Macrium CBT useful on an NVMe SSD drive: I recently made the jump to the paid version on MReflect after my satisfaction with the FREE version (thnx in part to the guides & help on this forum); and,was wondering how useful the Changed Block Tracker feature/driver of MReflect is on a PC with an SSD drive (specifically...
  10. Is 5GHZ really 10 X faster than 2.4 GHZ

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is 5GHZ really 10 X faster than 2.4 GHZ: Hi folks Not sure what these settings are really telling me but the router says that the 5 GHZ band is performing nearly 10X better than the 2.4 GHZ band. Is this really true -- [img] Not sure what some of these figures mean -- I don't have any problems with...