Windows 10: HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?

Discus and support HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have my USB media creation tool available, now its re-installing OS, but cant tell if its from flash drive or from factory windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by love754, Sep 23, 2022.

1. love754 Win User

HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?

I have my USB media creation tool available, now its re-installing OS, but cant tell if its from flash drive or from factory windows.

:)

love754, Sep 23, 2022
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 23, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

1. HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB? - Similar Threads - LAPTOP INSTALLING USB

2. How to re-install windows 11 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-install windows 11 on my laptop: Purchased a new laptop that came with windows 10, it was later upgraded through the update process to windows 11. I need to do a clean re-install of windows 11, I don't have the dvd or any media with windows 11, how can I do this? thanks...
  3. How to re-install windows 11 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-install windows 11 on my laptop: Purchased a new laptop that came with windows 10, it was later upgraded through the update process to windows 11. I need to do a clean re-install of windows 11, I don't have the dvd or any media with windows 11, how can I do this? thanks...
  4. HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?

HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?: I have my USB media creation tool available, now its re-installing OS, but cant tell if its from flash drive or from factory windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-laptop-is-re-installing-windows/8a66c25f-aa46-475e-ac4a-d0d245fd24d4
  5. HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?: I have my USB media creation tool available, now its re-installing OS, but cant tell if its from flash drive or from factory windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-laptop-is-re-installing-windows/8a66c25f-aa46-475e-ac4a-d0d245fd24d4
  6. How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?: Some times I re-install it without a flash drive and sometimes with. It really not seeing any way to know what laptop chose. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-os-is-re-installing-from-my-flash/ad68a1f4-64d7-4fac-bc29-bf25a1fc4f1f
  7. How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?

How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?: Some times I re-install it without a flash drive and sometimes with. It really not seeing any way to know what laptop chose. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-os-is-re-installing-from-my-flash/ad68a1f4-64d7-4fac-bc29-bf25a1fc4f1f
  8. How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 re-installation from bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 re-installation from bootable USB drive: Hi, I downloaded the Windows 10 installation media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10%20 to my formatted USB drive. I then followed the setup instructions to download Win 10 installation media on the USB drive. It took me~6 hrs for the whole...
  10. Re-Install From USB Drive Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Install From USB Drive Error: I am using the same bootable windows 10 installation thumb drive to do a clean install of windows 10. I've done it multiple times in recent days. However, suddenly when doing it again I get this error: "your pc/device needs to be repaired. the boot configuration data...