Windows 10: How to know if my PC is safe ?

Discus and support How to know if my PC is safe ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to know if my PC is currently safe and don't have anyone trying to steal data / files from my computer? I have a No.1 enemy that we hate each... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tsw88, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Tsw88 Win User

How to know if my PC is safe ?

How to know if my PC is currently safe and don't have anyone trying to steal data / files from my computer?

I have a No.1 enemy that we hate each other so much, and he is a game programmer, I don't know how deep his knowledge is, what I can do is to look for ways to protect myself.

Any advice?

:)

Tsw88, Sep 29, 2018

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Fif23 Win User
    About to buy Xeon ES CPU, Which stepping would be safest

Im gonna have a duel xeon cpu setup, was looking to get couple of E5 ES models since the retails are so expensive, PC will be used for work, obviously
    Just need to know what stepping are safe to deal with

Any ideas, suggestions let me know !

Thanks !

Fif23, Sep 29, 2018
  4. How to know if my PC is safe ?

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

How to know if my PC is safe ?

1. How to know if my PC is safe ? - Similar Threads - safe

2. Can you tell me if this app is safe ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you tell me if this app is safe ?: Hello everyone,My dad downloaded from Microsoft Store "BreeZip". I never heard of this, so I searched and found some say it contains a malware. The AV does not detect anything but I'm curious to know if someone else downloaded it and had problems or explain how a suspicious...
  3. Can you tell me if this app is safe ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you tell me if this app is safe ?: Hello everyone,My dad downloaded from Microsoft Store "BreeZip". I never heard of this, so I searched and found some say it contains a malware. The AV does not detect anything but I'm curious to know if someone else downloaded it and had problems or explain how a suspicious...
  4. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  5. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  6. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not: On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for...
  7. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not: On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for...
  8. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe....: I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe. How to retrieve back anything i stored in My Winlocker when i connect that hardisk to another windows today?...
  10. I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe....

I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe....: I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe. How to retrieve back anything i stored in My Winlocker when i connect that hardisk to another windows today?...