Windows 10: How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?

Discus and support How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some times I re-install it without a flash drive and sometimes with. It really not seeing any way to know what laptop chose.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by love754, Sep 21, 2022.

1. love754 Win User

How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?

Some times I re-install it without a flash drive and sometimes with. It really not seeing any way to know what laptop chose.

:)

love754, Sep 21, 2022
  2. little cat, Sep 21, 2022
  3. PhilW Win User
    OS doesn't recognize USB flash drives (KB4056892)

Just completed Win10 update KB4056892 on my Sony laptop, now running v.1709, build 16299.125. Almost everything is fine except the system no longer recognizes USB flash drives. When a flash drive (USB2 or 3) is inserted in a port the Device Manager recognizes it as "Other Devices", lists what it is (for example "TOSHIBA TransMemory USB Device") but says under Properties: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device." When I try to update the driver, the Update Drivers feature says "Windows could not find drivers for your device." Device Manager shows no problems under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

I know the drivers for flash drives are somewhere in the system because I have used these ports and flash drives many times prior to KB4056892, but I don't know where they are or how to tell the OS where they are. Suggestions would be appreciated.

PhilW, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

1. How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive? - Similar Threads - installing flash drive

2. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive: As my laptop got bad clusters, and my system not booting, I created a windows 10 bootable flash drive.I have another flash drive 64GB that I formated into NTFS, with GPT partition table, to install windows on it.I started the windows setup process, and when I reached the...
  3. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive: As my laptop got bad clusters, and my system not booting, I created a windows 10 bootable flash drive.I have another flash drive 64GB that I formated into NTFS, with GPT partition table, to install windows on it.I started the windows setup process, and when I reached the...
  4. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?: I have my USB media creation tool available, now its re-installing OS, but cant tell if its from flash drive or from factory windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-laptop-is-re-installing-windows/8a66c25f-aa46-475e-ac4a-d0d245fd24d4
  6. HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?

HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?: I have my USB media creation tool available, now its re-installing OS, but cant tell if its from flash drive or from factory windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-laptop-is-re-installing-windows/8a66c25f-aa46-475e-ac4a-d0d245fd24d4
  7. HOW TO KNOW IF LAPTOP IS RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS FROM MY USB?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?: Some times I re-install it without a flash drive and sometimes with. It really not seeing any way to know what laptop chose. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-os-is-re-installing-from-my-flash/ad68a1f4-64d7-4fac-bc29-bf25a1fc4f1f
  9. How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?

How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?: Some times I re-install it without a flash drive and sometimes with. It really not seeing any way to know what laptop chose. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-os-is-re-installing-from-my-flash/ad68a1f4-64d7-4fac-bc29-bf25a1fc4f1f
  10. Preparing Flash Drive for OS installation questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Flash Drive for OS installation questions: I cut and pasted to an external hard drive everything from a 32GB. Flash Drive. How should I prepare the Flash Drive now, for the OS download install ISO File? Also, I'm confused about the UEFI, Legacy option. Should I format again to fat 32? Thanks! *Smile 167652