Windows 10: How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...

Discus and support How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sunny PA Wong, Jan 30, 2023.

1. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...

Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above attachmentcompare with another attachment from same sendercreate PDF via AdobeBecause of the following after KB5022282 was installed Windows 10 falsely reported it as failed-to-installReliability History showed huge dip in Stability IndexPowerPoint crashed when comparingMy two hour task was delayed because, misled by Windows

:)

Sunny PA Wong, Jan 30, 2023

2. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Jan 30, 2023
  3. A32
    A32 Win User
    Postpone the Windows 10 update

I spent 3 days reading and hunting for the answer. So far I am faced with the same problem as so many of the folks have. Everytime I want to install updates it starts the windows 10 installation. Microsoft should be ashamed to inflict this problem on us.
    Especially after repeadly saying you can postpone this installation.

I am not installing 32 downloads that came in because I cannot install them due to this problem.

If any personnel from Microsoft read this please help us postpone this installation.

PS: I did remove the white logo as suggested but it is ready to install.

Thanks.

4. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...

security updates failed to install

Did the troubleshooting step previously provided resolved your issue with the updates? Updates need to be installed and it will consume data during the installation. You may choose to delay this by

postponing the installation
    . Please note that the postponement of the updates is only available if you are on Windows 10 build 1703 and above.

Please keep us updated.

Katrina Men, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...

1. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but... - Similar Threads - Security Update postponed

2. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...: Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above...
  3. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...: Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above...
  4. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...: Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above...
  6. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...

How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? I routinely allowed KB5022282 install but...: Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above...
  7. How Long can a Feature Update be Postponed?

How Long can a Feature Update be Postponed?: I've had 1809 running well for a while now and have been putting off 1903 as I don't need any surprises! It says of course 1903 is waiting for download and install. Well I've just chosen to not bother with it, but when will it force itself upon me? Is there any rule of thumb...
  8. Postpone or Pause Updates & Reboots Temporarily

in Windows 10 Customization
    Postpone or Pause Updates & Reboots Temporarily: I'm assuming this has been asked, but I can't find it., so I'm posting a question with answer here. If you want to postpone Windows 10 updates temporarily (e.g., I'm running an analysis in Python that takes ~14 days, but Windows thinks it's OK to download updates and reboot...
  9. How to postpone automatic Windows 10 update?

How to postpone automatic Windows 10 update?: I need my computer tonight without interruption and Windows wants to update. How can I tell it to wait til tomorrow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-postpone-automatic-windows-10-update/d2aa33ea-3627-443e-a466-b82a0c918b80
  10. Is This New? Postpone Installing Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is This New? Postpone Installing Updates: I don't believe I've noticed this before, but on my laptop, that does not have a metered connection or any other WU restrictions other that "Notify to Schedule Restart" I got an option asking if I wanted to install the updates downloaded or reschedule. Is this new? Windows...