Windows 10: How to know if you have a BUILT IN ADMIN ACCOUNT or a MAIN ADMIN

Discus and support How to know if you have a BUILT IN ADMIN ACCOUNT or a MAIN ADMIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I went to cmd and I want to know if I have the built in admin account. Im logged in as a standard user, second account. and in cmd I typed NET USER... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Askboy4, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Askboy4 Win User

How to know if you have a BUILT IN ADMIN ACCOUNT or a MAIN ADMIN

So I went to cmd and I want to know if I have the built in admin account. Im logged in as a standard user, second account.
    and in cmd I typed NET USER USER which probably shows the administrator account. But in the comment section it doesnt say BUILT IN ADMIN ACC FOR ADMINISTRATERING THE PC. Only the hidden admin account has that comment . But how do I know I have the built in admin acc?
    Any help is patiently accepted

:)

Askboy4, Nov 22, 2016
  2. Zethos64 Win User

Windows 10 is reading every Administrator account I have or create as a Built in Admin.

Original title: Windows 10 Built in Admin Issue.

Hello,

I have been searching all over for a solution to the issue I am having. I don't know why but Windows 10 is reading every Administrator account I have or create as a Built in Admin. The only thing I have found to get around this is to just use a standard
    account and switch accounts when I need to use admin. I followed a few suggestions of going in to the Built in Admin and switch all accounts to standard, restarting and going back and making them Admins again. This did nothing and I still have the issue.

It started just today and I have no idea why. My main account has always had Admin privileges and out of nowhere Windows is now reading it as a built in admin and I can't use any apps.

At this point I am out of ideas.

Zethos64, Nov 22, 2016
  3. admin account do not show up in boot menu when starting the computer

Denis thank you for your reply. When I boot up I now get two options; 1) admin account or 2) local account. Admin account does not have the name admin. Instead it has my user name. Am I correct in thinking that I have indeed created my own admin account?
    You mentioned disabling the built in Admin account but I don't know how to do that?

Thank you again. Gordon

gordonrice, Nov 22, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

The built-in Administrator account is disabled by default. The reason it is disabled is that it is not subject to UAC protection - enabling it and leaving it enabled is dangerous as it allows malware full access.

Any active account with 'admin' rights such as (presumably) your USER one will be a member of the Administrators group, but not THE administrator. To see that one, type NET USER ADMINISTRATOR

5. Askboy4 Win User
    Ah so the built in admin is the HIDDEN admin account. and we are main admins.

Askboy4, Nov 22, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Precisely, and it's safer that way because we are all subject to UAC - any malware attempting to make changes will trigger a UAC prompt.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to know if you have a BUILT IN ADMIN ACCOUNT or a MAIN ADMIN - Similar Threads - BUILT ADMIN ACCOUNT

2. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  3. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  4. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Not having Admin access on an Admin account.

Not having Admin access on an Admin account.: Hello! I've had this issue for a bit but it was never really an issue till now. I don't have this issue when I'm installing an app. I was trying to set up drive sharing for an FTP server. And this is minor but I also can't turn on syncing for my account. I looked at a few...
  6. Built In admin account's SID is blank.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built In admin account's SID is blank.: Using windows 10, and recently renamed the built in admin account by using the command lusrmgr.msc. After renaming the account i pressed refresh and closed the window. The next time when i run the same command lusrmgr.msc and click on users, I get an error saying that there...
  7. I don’t know my main account/admin passcode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don’t know my main account/admin passcode: I’m retarded and got tipsy a few weeks ago and decided that would be a wonderful time to reset my main account passcode, aka, my admin account on win10. I didn’t save the password (obviously) and have been trying my best to guess it ever since. I only have access to my guest...
  8. Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account: I seem to be in quite a pickle here, I upgraded my laptop, a few years ago from windows 7 to 10, recently my boss asked me to pass on my work to others, but there's a problem, My personal Microsoft account, somehow got linked to the built-in administrator account, the laptop...
  9. built-in admin account problem

built-in admin account problem: i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems. now in windows 10 i'm using the built in administrator account but facing problems 1) if i leave the "security settings==>local...
  10. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...