Windows 10: How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image

Discus and support How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I would like to know how to find out the current location of the Lock Screen Background image. I figured out they are located somewhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricardobohner, Dec 1, 2020.

1. How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how to find out the current location of the Lock Screen Background image. I figured out they are located somewhere here depending on your options like If you have spotlight enabled or your current theme:

%LocalAppdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\S-1-5-18\ReadOnly\LockScreen_X

%Windir%\Web\Screen

But how do I know which is the current Lock Screen Image is there a registry entry or something I can check? The intention is to change the lock screen using a script.

Thanks in advance

:)

ricardobohner, Dec 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Looking for lock screen photo location

Hi Dennis,

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, we suggest following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web.
    • You'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen.
    • Screen folder contains images for Windows 10 lock screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    W10 b10041 Lock Screen Image Location

They used to be on the system in Build 9926.
    Are you talking about this one:

How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 1, 2020
  4. mstange Win User

How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image

Windows 10 Current Lock Screen Image Location - NOT SPOTLIGHT IMAGES

I am looking for the location of my Windows 10 Lock Screen Image. The image is still in use and shows in the lock screen 'Choose your picture' as a thumbnail. Every place I have looked they only give the spotlight images. So if you know where this is at
    please let me know. This is the after the Fall creator updates.

mstange, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image

1. How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image - Similar Threads - location current Lock

2. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images: When I set up my computer a few years ago I set up the lock screen slideshow with my personal images. The two folders I must have chosen at the time are listed in the settings; they are both called Images, but the settings window is not letting me open them from within the...
  3. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images: When I set up my computer a few years ago I set up the lock screen slideshow with my personal images. The two folders I must have chosen at the time are listed in the settings; they are both called Images, but the settings window is not letting me open them from within the...
  4. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lock screen image location

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen image location: I recently updated Windows - now on build19042.746 i would like to find out the file location of the current lock screen image. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image-location/6baa1d7d-2fad-49a8-b92d-949d2e3c556d
  6. How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image

How to know the location of the current Lock Screen Image: Hi everyone, I would like to know how to find out the current location of the Lock Screen Background image. I figured out they are located somewhere here depending on your options like If you have spotlight enabled or your current theme:...
  7. Windows 10 Lock Screen Images Are NOT Located At The Normal Location

Windows 10 Lock Screen Images Are NOT Located At The Normal Location: I have been trying to find the location of lock screen images for a while not but no luck. It is supposed to be at: "%USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets"NOT The only items there are mostly icons...
  8. Lock Screen Image Location – On the PC

Lock Screen Image Location – On the PC: Hello, After installing Windows 10 Pro (OEM) on a new PC build last June I selected one of my own photos to edit and use as my Lock Screen. It looks great, but I would like to edit it further. I can’t find it! HELP!!! I can see it in Settings > Personalize > Lock...
  9. Windows spotlight lock screen image location

Windows spotlight lock screen image location: Windows spotlight under the lock screen settings set a picture for me that I'd like to make permanent. Unfortunately it will change when the new windows spotlight picture is sent out. Does anybody know the save location of this image file so I can set it as my permanent lock...
  10. W10 b10041 Lock Screen Image Location

W10 b10041 Lock Screen Image Location: Does anyone know where the Lock Screen images are kept? My Lock Screen image just changed by itself. *Mad I prefer the previous image and I want to restore it. I tried searching the Windows folder for bmp, jpg and png images, but neither the old picture or the new...