Windows 10: How to know the process locking the normally hidden taskbar

Discus and support How to know the process locking the normally hidden taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, this is big annoying behavior, as I normally work with several windows sometimes one requests interaction and it cause the taskbar to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Agoguz, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Agoguz Win User

How to know the process locking the normally hidden taskbar

Hello,

this is big annoying behavior, as I normally work with several windows sometimes one requests interaction and it cause the taskbar to be enabled to make it more evident to the user to switch tho the process in question.

The point is: THERE IS NO WAY to know what's the process locking the normally hidden taskbar now.

So I'm forced to switch one-by-one between tasks (e.g: several different browser windows...) until I click on the rensposable for the pop-up of the taskbar...

The real annoying point is to be forced to find it else the Taskbar is locked until I click on the right icon...

Q: There is a way to directly know that process?

Thank you for your support How to know the process locking the normally hidden taskbar ;)

:)

Agoguz, Nov 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Win taskbar

Hi,

We'd like to know if you still need further assistance. If yes, feel free to update this thread. If in case that you'd like search bar or box on your taskbar
    to be hidden, this option possible. You can have your search box hidden on your taskbar by following these steps:

• Right-Click on the taskbar or Cortana.
    • Hover your mouse over Cortana, then select
      Hidden.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Nov 9, 2018
  4. How to know the process locking the normally hidden taskbar

My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

How to know the process locking the normally hidden taskbar

1. How to know the process locking the normally hidden taskbar - Similar Threads - process locking normally

2. taskbar is half hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar is half hidden: When placed at the bottom of my screen the taskbar is half hidden and therefore unusable. Resizing and other troubleshooting is not solving the issue. All drivers, etc., are up to date....
  3. How long is the locking process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the locking process?: I locked my stolen device and was told I’d receive an email when it’s complete. How long can this process take? It’s been an hour so far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-is-the-locking-process/df6bdd13-8efe-48cb-92a9-59b977130c4c
  4. How long is the locking process?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How long is the locking process?: I locked my stolen device and was told I’d receive an email when it’s complete. How long can this process take? It’s been an hour so far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-is-the-locking-process/df6bdd13-8efe-48cb-92a9-59b977130c4c
  5. How long is the locking process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Hidden icons in taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden icons in taskbar.: All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If I click up arrow on taskbar to make them all visible I can just wave my mouse pointer around them and they disappear in no...
  7. Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to close hidden processes?: Been 10 years since I last used Windows. When I close an application like Spotify, there are still some background processes running shown in the hidden menu on the bottom right of the screen. Is there a shortcut to close these? Alt + F4 doesn't seem to do it. submitted by...
  8. Taskbar Hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Hidden: Okay so it's been very hard to find a fix for this because everyone seems to want the opposite but, I WANT to see my taskbar while watching videos in full screen and I had it like that before but now whenever I enter full screen it hides, how can I unhide the taskbar whenever...
  9. Locked and hidden administrator.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked and hidden administrator.: Recently I had to make a change in my computer that required the Elevated Administrator account to be used. I finally figured out how to open that account, did my thing, shut down the Elevated Administrator account, and returned to my standard account. Then I discovered that...
  10. Hidden icons on the taskbar....how to eliminate it...???

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden icons on the taskbar....how to eliminate it...???: I get that they feel the need to put new stuff in... but this just annoys the crap right outta me. I'm opening programs, and no freakin icon is appearing in my task bar. Please oh please tell me there's a way to eliminate this latest annoyance.... Tanks... 2111