Windows 10: How to know what is preventing the upgrade ?

Discus and support How to know what is preventing the upgrade ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm stuck on w10 1909. Sometimes I see the auto update to upgrade and it just disappear when selected and I get that it's not ready yet. I checked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lost_in_nl, Oct 23, 2020.

1. How to know what is preventing the upgrade ?

I'm stuck on w10 1909. Sometimes I see the auto update to upgrade and it just disappear when selected and I get that it's not ready yet. I checked on the ms web page for known issue but found no mentioned incompatibilities.

Is there a tool, switch or anything that could tell me which drivers or hardware is not compatible and prevent the upgrade? All my other pc and laptop had their upgrade already.

Is not and old machine i7800k 1080ti asus motherboard. No crazy hardware except a logitech remote headset.

submitted by /u/lost_in_nl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lost_in_nl, Oct 23, 2020
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro prevent automatic updates

Hi,

First of all, I apologies for the delay in response.

We would like to know if you are facing any issue with Windows 10. If yes, do let us know. We will be glad to assist you in resolving the issue.

If you are still facing the same issue, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows Update.

Follow the steps provided below to change update settings.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Updates & Security.
    • Click on Advance options.
    • Check the box Defer Updates.

What is Defer upgrades in Windows 10?

Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn’t affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent
    you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 23, 2020
  4. How to know what is preventing the upgrade ?

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

How to know what is preventing the upgrade ?

1. How to know what is preventing the upgrade ? - Similar Threads - preventing upgrade

2. Prevent Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1 upgrade to 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1 upgrade to 21H2: I have some older software that doesn't like Windows 21H2 so until the vendors have addressed this, I need to stay with version 21H1. Problem, so I had to perform a clean install of 21H1, but Windows Update keeps pushing 21H2 to my system as soon as it has a network...
  3. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade: I have windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on a workstation. Due to a software incompatibility I want to prevent the windows 11 auto upgrade from happening. But I need the system to update all the rest within windows 10 like security patches etc. How do I do this ?...
  4. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade: I have windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on a workstation. Due to a software incompatibility I want to prevent the windows 11 auto upgrade from happening. But I need the system to update all the rest within windows 10 like security patches etc. How do I do this ?...
  5. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Prevent Windows 10 Upgrade to version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows 10 Upgrade to version 22H2: Dear all,I have some computers running on Windows 10 32bit for support some DOS program. Recently, when you computer upgrade to version 22H2 that will display blue screen error. After investigation, it seems related to some conflict with M.2 SSD. Before we find the solution...
  7. Prevent Windows 10 Upgrade to version 22H2

Prevent Windows 10 Upgrade to version 22H2: Dear all,I have some computers running on Windows 10 32bit for support some DOS program. Recently, when you computer upgrade to version 22H2 that will display blue screen error. After investigation, it seems related to some conflict with M.2 SSD. Before we find the solution...
  8. Prevent Windows 10 Upgrade to version 22H2

9. BSOD traced to wnpdriver.sys following Win11 Upgrade. What is it and how do I prevent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD traced to wnpdriver.sys following Win11 Upgrade. What is it and how do I prevent?: Following a Win10 to Win11 upgrade on a Lenovo T490 Laptop, I have been experiencing BSOD. A review of the logs indicate it is a driver called wnpdriver.sys in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers directory. I delete the driver and the machine will stay up but, without known...
  10. BSOD traced to wnpdriver.sys following Win11 Upgrade. What is it and how do I prevent?

BSOD traced to wnpdriver.sys following Win11 Upgrade. What is it and how do I prevent?: Following a Win10 to Win11 upgrade on a Lenovo T490 Laptop, I have been experiencing BSOD. A review of the logs indicate it is a driver called wnpdriver.sys in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers directory. I delete the driver and the machine will stay up but, without known...