Windows 10: how to know what type of battery you have?

Discus and support how to know what type of battery you have? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how to know what type of battery you have? i have DELL xps 13 9360... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cacano_667, Sep 15, 2021.

1. how to know what type of battery you have?

how to know what type of battery you have? i have DELL xps 13 9360

:)

cacano_667, Sep 15, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

how to know what type of battery you have? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

how to know what type of battery you have? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 15, 2021
  4. how to know what type of battery you have?

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

how to know what type of battery you have?

1. how to know what type of battery you have? - Similar Threads - type battery

2. HELP my computer is only typing accented Vowels àèìòù

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP my computer is only typing accented Vowels àèìòù: Currently my asus ROG g513ie laptop is only typing in accented vowels. I have tried booting up in safe mode recovery and even taking off the keycap but this hasn't worked. I know it is a key being pressed but there isn't one down. I have an external keyboard and the same...
  3. HELP my computer is only typing accented Vowels àèìòù

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP my computer is only typing accented Vowels àèìòù: Currently my asus ROG g513ie laptop is only typing in accented vowels. I have tried booting up in safe mode recovery and even taking off the keycap but this hasn't worked. I know it is a key being pressed but there isn't one down. I have an external keyboard and the same...
  4. 3 types of BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 types of BSOD: Hey!I recently got a BSOD while playing a game Age of Wonders 4, the stop code was system_service_exception. Later followed by 2 more with different stop codes.After the first one I rebooted, it worked but when I opened up steam to boot the game again I got an application...
  5. 3 types of BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 types of BSOD: Hey!I recently got a BSOD while playing a game Age of Wonders 4, the stop code was system_service_exception. Later followed by 2 more with different stop codes.After the first one I rebooted, it worked but when I opened up steam to boot the game again I got an application...
  6. 3 types of BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. file type eg .pdf association random reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    file type eg .pdf association random reset: Some time ago, we successfully used, for example, the association of .pdf files with the Adobe Acrobat DC application using a group policy Default Associations Configuration File.Since the beginning of April with UserChoice Protection Driver v2.1 activated, this mechanism has...
  8. what type of battery in the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what type of battery in the mouse: what type of batterys do I put in the mouse 5000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-type-of-battery-in-the-mouse/05a873ea-97c3-4891-92e1-3f5ec7a79b14
  9. Battery charging problem and system is not allowing to type in the search box in window 10...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery charging problem and system is not allowing to type in the search box in window 10...: 1)The battery charging problem since last one after installing new battery. The battery is not charging always. Some time it is charging and some time not. 2) the system is not allowing to type in the search box sometime and I have to restart the system. I have gone through...
  10. Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Not Charging (Non dell type battery detected): Hi, I have Dell ispiron 5537 , i5 CPU , 6GB Memory. My battery suddenly stops charging. And in bios it say not dell type battery. And if i turn on my computer than it says not charging. Is there any way to fix this battery issue? 31397