Windows 10: How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop

Discus and support How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop after a Windows 10 Upgrade? I am working on a computer, and it would be very beneficial to know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FunkMaster, Nov 17, 2017.

1. How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop

How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop after a Windows 10 Upgrade?

I am working on a computer, and it would be very beneficial to know what version of Windows came loaded from factory. I thought is was Windows 8-8.1, but there are no drivers for this OS at the site. Looking at the official Specification Page it seems only Windows 10, but at the Driver Page there are drivers for Windows 7 also?
    HP Notebook - 15-ac158nr (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Looking at Disk Management, it seems as though it was Upgraded at some point, and the customer seems to think it was also. Observing Program dates and such, I just don't know for sure how to tell?

I did a google search but was not successful. I also looked in the Battery Bay but did not see anything, ahh, is this telling me that is was indeed Windows 10. I've never looked in the Battery Bay of a 10 Laptop.

The earliest Program that was installed was on 12/18/2015.

Any info needed don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the help that is provided here, MS should be paying you guys! lol

:)

FunkMaster, Nov 17, 2017
  2. John_836 Win User

Windows 10 mouse driver issue

My current version:

Edition: Window 10 Home

Version: 1709

Build: 16299.248

I don't know how to see what my former build and version was. My laptop came installed with Windows 10 though.

John_836, Nov 17, 2017
  3. how to get the pictures out of my Sony Camera and AT&T Compel phone into my computer so I can use them

I don't know how to do this on a new computer. This computer came with Windows 10 and I had a later version on my laptop that needs a reload of Windows and I'm using this one until the other one is reloaded. I don't have a clue what to do.

jackiejackels, Nov 17, 2017
  4. tonez Win User

How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop

I am working on a computer, and it would be very beneficial to know what version of Windows came loaded from factory -- it would be the version you have, upgraded win10 from original OEM

Pop along and up date the drivers

tonez, Nov 17, 2017
  5. dmholt57 Win User
    The link in your post shows HP shipped it with Windows 10 Home x64 *Banghead

dmholt57, Nov 17, 2017
  6. tonez Win User
    you were surprised *Smile

tonez, Nov 17, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Find out through the Serial number on the device. 4th, 5th, and 6th characters to reference when the product was built. The first character is the year date (Y) and the next two (WW), the week in that year it was made.

bro67, Nov 17, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    That will only tell you the version of Windows that is currently installed. The OP is trying to find out the version of Windows that came with the computer from the manufacturer.

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    That does not show the Serial number or what OS version that came preinstalled. The info on the Serial Number that I posted, is what you use to find out the age of the unit and then you can find out from the info that HP has on Support, you can come close to the info for what it shipped with. Brick and Mortar stores have their own version of low end laptops that they can ask for a different version of pre-installed windows vs. what you would get from ordering directly from the OEM.

bro67, Nov 18, 2017
  11. I don't take anything HP Say as gospel LOL. That being said, I do believe that it came with Windows 10, though, at the same time, don't know what the Partitions are all messed up...but I'm not familiar with how Windows 10 Upgrades and creates and places new Partitions?

I wonder why they have Windows 7 Drivers at the driver page for this pc? Did it once come with windows 7, or did they provide an option to go Back to Windows 7?

FunkMaster, Nov 19, 2017
  12. Wouldn't it be MDDYY Month, Day, Year. And therefore, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th characters to reference when the product was built? By looking at the numbers, my way would make more sense. Do you have the link that tells us this? I could not find it yet.

FunkMaster, Nov 19, 2017
  13. How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop

That looks very promising Navy!

FunkMaster, Nov 19, 2017
  14. That's some good info bro67, I'd forgotten about that!

It's also unusual that this laptop is not listed on the 1709 Upgradable Laptops??? But there is a new Update for the BIOS on the page? lol, you bad bad HP People. I think I'll Update the BIOS to better be ready for 1709. That's pretty sad that they don't list a laptop shipped with Windows 10 to be able to Upgrade to the latest Update? Personally I think the page is not up to date, do any of you have good experience with the HP sites, and how up to date they keep them? HP 15-ac158nr
    HP Products Tested with Windows 10 | HP® Customer Support

Thanks everyone

FunkMaster, Nov 19, 2017
  15. bro67 Win User
    No, because they go by week of mfg (1-52) and year.

As for you making the LOL as if it is a joke on why you asked, this topic is finished. I gave you the information on how to find out the year and mfg, along with the Serial Number can be used on HP's Support site to find what it shipped with.

bro67, Nov 19, 2017
Thema:

1. How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop - Similar Threads - Version Came Laptop

2. How can I download the Windows 10 version than came with the newly purchased laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I download the Windows 10 version than came with the newly purchased laptop.: Hey everyone, I just want to know that When I buyed my laptop Acer Aspire 7 it came with the windows 10, but the thing is, Is there any difference in the windows which comes with the laptop pre-installed and the iso file that we can get from the mircosoft site. If possible...
  3. How can I download the Windows 10 version than came with the newly purchased laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I download the Windows 10 version than came with the newly purchased laptop.: Hey everyone, I just want to know that When I buyed my laptop Acer Aspire 7 it came with the windows 10, but the thing is, Is there any difference in the windows which comes with the laptop pre-installed and the iso file that we can get from the mircosoft site. If possible...
  4. How can I download the Windows 10 version than came with the newly purchased laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to return the programs that came with the laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return the programs that came with the laptop?: Product: OMEN By HP - 17-An012dxOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11Hello, Windows 10 was installed on my laptop from the store after starting the laptop, I found the programs that came with the laptop, such as Microsoft Office 2016 and programs from HP, there were also...
  6. How to return the programs that came with the laptop?

How to return the programs that came with the laptop?: Product: OMEN By HP - 17-An012dxOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11Hello, Windows 10 was installed on my laptop from the store after starting the laptop, I found the programs that came with the laptop, such as Microsoft Office 2016 and programs from HP, there were also...
  7. How to know where something in my clipboard came from?

How to know where something in my clipboard came from?: Something keeps coming up in my clipboard and im not sure where is coming from. And I am suspecting it is a virus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-where-something-in-my-clipboard-came/4c8a8d3c-0772-4b18-904d-39e5ca52694b
  8. How to know where something in my clipboard came from?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know where something in my clipboard came from?: Something keeps coming up in my clipboard and im not sure where is coming from. And I am suspecting it is a virus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-where-something-in-my-clipboard-came/4c8a8d3c-0772-4b18-904d-39e5ca52694b
  9. How can I know my laptop came with which version of windows 10

How can I know my laptop came with which version of windows 10: when it was new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-know-my-laptop-came-with-which-version/b2eb3b12-f1e5-463e-a496-40ea93d37ea5
  10. How do I find out what version of WINDOWS came on my HP Spectre x360 laptop?

How do I find out what version of WINDOWS came on my HP Spectre x360 laptop?: I wanted to create WIN10 x 64 installation media DVD but think I need to know what version of WIN x64 came on my laptop. I don't recall if it had 8 or 8.1 on it when I bought it maybe 5 years ago. If I ever needed to re-install WIN10 such as to do a reset, I may need to reset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop what windows version it came with