Windows 10: How to know which kernel component is taking near 100% CPU-0 time ?

Discus and support How to know which kernel component is taking near 100% CPU-0 time ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a recent machine (i7 9700K with an Aorus Z390 master motherboard and an nvidia GeForce card with Windows 10 May 2019 edition). When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VincentLJ, May 18, 2019.

1. VincentLJ Win User

How to know which kernel component is taking near 100% CPU-0 time ?

Hi,

I have a recent machine (i7 9700K with an Aorus Z390 master motherboard and an nvidia GeForce card with Windows 10 May 2019 edition).

When the computer is started there is no issue, but after a few minutes the core 0 of my CPU is near 100% all the time despite no particular app running :

How to know which kernel component is taking near 100% CPU-0 time ? d3140556-2fee-49a0-b715-716ceaeb4ba0?upload=true.png

The darker blue shows cycles are spent in kernel code, light blue shows the cycle spent in userspace. So basically Something is happening in Windows kernel, maybe a bug with a driver.

The task manager is reporting a very low cpu usage for my app :

How to know which kernel component is taking near 100% CPU-0 time ? d90b4173-c486-4b33-bc8a-92a3c8a1b06d?upload=true.png

This means that my cpu is always throtthling.

I reinitialised my computer and reinstalled only a couple drivers (Realtek audio, nvidia, some gigabyte app, and no Intel drivers I use the one from the OS) and it still happens.

I don't know how to debug the issue. I've tried with Windows Performance Toolkit but unfortunatly it doesn't show what happens in the kernel.

I Don't think it's an hardware issue since on the same computer I run Fedora 30 and almost never hit more than 30% cpu usage for a core even when using Firefox.

:)

VincentLJ, May 18, 2019
  2. Haldero Win User

CPU 0 at all times on 100%

I know that there have been reports on previous reports on this issue and i think i have a similar problem like Insame294, who wrote on Dec 2015.

The difference: I did not change anything in my hardware configuration, just one day the CPU Load sticked to 100% on CPU 0. It does not start right away after booting but just after some time. I was not able to track down when it starts, there seems to be
    no connection to any programs is start or any service i use. The only thing i cahnged recently was going from a Wi-Fi conenction to wired ethernet, but the problem also occured before.

These are two ETL files i made when the usage was at 100% using WPR (first run said there was an event dropped, so i repeated it in the second file with later timestamp)

Geteilte Elemente vom 30-5-2017

This is especcially annoying since the CPU usage leads to underruns in Audio playback, so listening to music is not very enjoyable as from time to time cracks happen.

In the etl files it seems that ACPI.sys as a subprocess of ntoskrnl.exe being in teh stack of Root for the process system is appearing recursively (if i look at the subprocesses of ACPI.sys ACPI.sys shows up... is that supposed to be like that?)

Also in system there is a Thread ID of 216 which is labeled unknown in CPU usage (attributed)

i performed SFC and DISM, as mentioned by ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), nothing wrong there.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Haldero, May 18, 2019
  3. 100%cpu, 0%Disk!

Hello, im posting this via phone,  my laptop went crazy 2day!  Lately it start lagging, so i had to restart it, but what happened is it doesnt want to work anymore! I hold on power switch to shut it down, then i tried to turn on, same problem,
    i repeated this maybe 5times till it start and i could enter to win. Now  it is extremely laggy, cannot open Start menue, or open Edge to post the problem, see the picture i attach pls, how ican solve this problem?*i can only run cmd and RUN, nothing
    else * cannot attach photo via phone* just imagine Task Manager opened, 100% at CPU, while all process are 0% cpu use, idk from where it get 100%, also 0%Disk, 0%Network, 12%Memory (4gb ram).

رامزالبلبيسي, May 18, 2019
  4. How to know which kernel component is taking near 100% CPU-0 time ?

Systems Interupts is taking up 100% of the cpu

Almost every time I open up Task Manager, System interrupts is taking up 100% of the CPU. Can anyone help me fix this.

Miguel_R64, May 18, 2019
Thema:

How to know which kernel component is taking near 100% CPU-0 time ?

1. How to know which kernel component is taking near 100% CPU-0 time ? - Similar Threads - kernel component taking

2. How do I know which PC component is failing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I know which PC component is failing?: My PC just randomly restarted.I've been having issues with bluescreens for a long time now, downgraded the GPU drivers and it worked fine for some time.Now, looking into the Event Viewer it displays something with a critical hardware error.The source is WHEA-Logger with ID...
  3. How do I know which PC component is failing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I know which PC component is failing?: My PC just randomly restarted.I've been having issues with bluescreens for a long time now, downgraded the GPU drivers and it worked fine for some time.Now, looking into the Event Viewer it displays something with a critical hardware error.The source is WHEA-Logger with ID...
  4. Photoscape X Pro Taking 100% CPU and 100% Ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoscape X Pro Taking 100% CPU and 100% Ram: I have been a long term user of PhotoScape X pro and had no problem.My work rely on this and now after the windows update , it is taking 100perceent CPU and RAM.It is a fairly a small software for graphic designing and does not supports GPU. The problem is escalated that If a...
  5. disk 0 active time 100%

disk 0 active time 100%: my pc is slow, and spends a lot of time with disk 0 active time at 100%. is there anything to do about this? what do you need to know? i've used windows performance recorder for 30s, and the results are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlydyVjRnQ8hsH-cr90YDZX1e9vh?e=UDtdqB...
  6. CPU at 100% all the time

CPU at 100% all the time: My CPU is always at 100%. I tried alot things to fix this but nothing has worked. I have tried alot of things that i found on this site. nothing so far has worked. so any advice on what to do? last thing i tried was resetting windows 10 with wiping everything on the c...
  7. Windows Audio Graph Isolation taking up nearly 100% of my CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Graph Isolation taking up nearly 100% of my CPU: So the other day I jostled the usb that sticks into my computer to enable my mic. No big deal, I've done it before. But after I unplugged and replugged I noticed something. This program called "Windows Audio Graph Isolation" was taking up nearly 100% of my cpu. I unplugged...
  8. System Interrupts 100% CPU 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Interrupts 100% CPU 0: Hi. I have a an i7-6700 - Lenovo AIO 700 27ISH CPU 0 is always 100% with System Interrupts. 15% CPU overall. Fan runs high. CPU constant overclock to 3.97 from base 3.41 ACPI.sys appears to be what is using the CPU under System Interrupts. Complete fresh install of...
  9. CPU 0 running 100% all the time (System and System Interrupts)

CPU 0 running 100% all the time (System and System Interrupts): Good morning, I'm using Windows 10 Home and this issue running at System and System Interrupts. My notebook it's a Dell Inspiron 3437 I notice the internal microphone of notebook stop working after windows 10 installer (It worked in win 7) And on Win 7 I don't have this...
  10. Disk IO being nearly at 100% most of the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk IO being nearly at 100% most of the time: Hi, For the past few weeks I am observing 100% Disk IO even when the CPU usage remains in the range of 4-25% and the RAM consumption remains around 30-50%. This is with less than 1-2 applications open. This is given when I restart or shutdown-reboot or log off/in from the...