Windows 10: How to know which software installed the font also how to backup fonts folder in Windows 10

Discus and support How to know which software installed the font also how to backup fonts folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got various designing software and I wonder if, it is possible to know the name of a software which installed the particular font. Also is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ari94, May 22, 2023.

1. Ari94 Win User

How to know which software installed the font also how to backup fonts folder in Windows 10

I got various designing software and I wonder if, it is possible to know the name of a software which installed the particular font. Also is it possible to backup the Fonts folder of Windows 10, if so then how.Your help will be appreciated.Thank you

:)

Ari94, May 22, 2023
  2. Ari94 Win User

How to know which software installed the font also how to backup fonts folder in Windows 10

I got various designing software and I wonder if, it is possible to know the name of a software which installed the particular font. Also is it possible to backup the Fonts folder of Windows 10, if so then how.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Ari94, May 22, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User

Hi Ari94,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

it is not possible to know what application installed a font.

To backup you fonts, you can copy the contents of these two folders out to another location:

C:Windows\Fonts

%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts

(paste this into the address bar and press Enter)

DaveM121, May 22, 2023
  4. How to know which software installed the font also how to backup fonts folder in Windows 10

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 22, 2023
Thema:

1. How to know which software installed the font also how to backup fonts folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - software installed font

2. Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts: If I uninstall a software does that also uninstall its related fonts or only software will be uninstalled?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  3. Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts: If I uninstall a software does that also uninstall its related fonts or only software will be uninstalled?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  4. How to know which software installed the font also how to backup fonts folder in Windows 10

How to know which software installed the font also how to backup fonts folder in Windows 10: I got various designing software and I wonder if, it is possible to know the name of a software which installed the particular font. Also is it possible to backup the Fonts folder of Windows 10, if so then how.Your help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  5. How to know which software installed the font also how to backup fonts folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know which software installed the font also how to backup fonts folder in Windows 10: I got various designing software and I wonder if, it is possible to know the name of a software which installed the particular font. Also is it possible to backup the Fonts folder of Windows 10, if so then how.Your help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  6. Is there a specific folder to know which fonts I manually installed and which one is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a specific folder to know which fonts I manually installed and which one is...: I was deleting some files in my disk to free up some storage but I accidentally didn't notice that I deleted the fonts that I downloaded on the Internet but the font is still installed, I just accidentally deleted like the .zip files of that fontIs there a way to see which...
  7. Is there a specific folder to know which fonts I manually installed and which one is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a specific folder to know which fonts I manually installed and which one is...: I was deleting some files in my disk to free up some storage but I accidentally didn't notice that I deleted the fonts that I downloaded on the Internet but the font is still installed, I just accidentally deleted like the .zip files of that fontIs there a way to see which...
  8. Is there a specific folder to know which fonts I manually installed and which one is...

9. Fonts - How can I tell in my Fonts folder which fonts are OpenType?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts - How can I tell in my Fonts folder which fonts are OpenType?: I have recently been looking at using Stylistic Sets in Word. My understanding is that these only are present in OpenType fonts. When I look, the fonts are identified as TrueType but some of them are OpenType. How can I distinguish between them?...
  10. Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder: Hey everyone, I have run into a font issue on Windows 10. I currently have a machine that is on Windows 10 1803 version 17134.590. This is a work computer on the domain. The font I am trying to get working is Bookman Old Style. When I looking in the Fonts folder, it does...